Thursday, December 12, 2013

All My Lizards Have Run Off!

But not before they overstayed their welcome.
 
55 Hours!
 
I hate migraines.  Especially when they stay and stay and stay...
 
We're watching the movie Christmas Vacation.  We watch it just about every year, and I always forget how funny it is.  Mom loved it, Bill says that Grandmother really loved it.  It is just very funny.  Bill's favorite scene is probably the one with the cat and the Christmas tree.  Otter likes the scene where the father sleds and I think the whole movie is just funny.  I love the character Cousin Eddie - maybe he reminds me of one of our cousins?  Froggy & Toadles, any of them spring to mind?  :)
 
I want a spinning wheel.  Not that I'm actually going to use it, the extreme wool allergy kind of would put a crimp in that.  But I still want one.  It would just be display, I'd probably attach yarn to make it look like it was being used.  It would just be acrylic!  I'm not seriously in the market for one, but maybe eventually I might be.  I just think it would be a fun display piece.
 
After tomorrow, I have 1 and 1/2 weeks of work.  Then I'm off for nearly two weeks.  Bill works next week, then he has two full weeks off.  Otter doesn't have vacation, but she does have various days off each week, so we'll probably plan a shopping excursion on one of the days she doesn't work.  Not sure where we'll go this time, we might actually stay in the Tulsa area since we haven't done that in a while.
 
Tonight is the first night in over a week that it's been too warm for a fire.  We were above freezing today and it was very sunny so most of the snow and ice is gone.  There are still patches in my yard in areas that don't get much sun.  The ground is starting to get soft & spongy from the melting snow.  We have a chance of rain in the morning and it might be freezing rain, but it is not expected to last long.  It will be too warm for it to stick around.  Friday night will be cold then Saturday morning has a chance of rain.  But then we have a spell of decent weather for several days, or at least that is the latest guess from the forecasters!
 
OK, back to the movie now.  Bill's favorite scene is coming up!  Meow!

No comments: