Wednesday, December 04, 2013

The Borg Queen Is a Little Distracted!

I'm normally about the most (over) prepared person when it comes to just about any eventuality.  I got milk & oj yesterday, along with birdseed (and microwave popcorn at Otter's request), and had planned to fill my car up on the way in this morning.  However, I still feel cruddy so I stayed home today.  I still needed to gas up the car so I did that about 9:30 or so.
 
Then I ran to Wallyworld because I discovered this morning that I was almost out of the "T" in B-M-T!  And that is not something you ever want to run out of.  :)
 
I grabbed a couple of other things while I was there, some tea that Otter wanted and 3 or 4 other things that I figured I had better get since I was already there.  They were very crowded, and most people seemed to be buying the B-M-T stuff.  Lots of people wait until the last moment, which is really not the best thing to do.  And I usually don't!  But I have an excuse, since I am still on the sick side.

Froggy, before you get on me - I would have sent Otter to the gas station and store for me but she's run off to her friend's house and we may not see her for hours.  She's taking advantage of the chance to get out of the house just in case we get housebound.  She works Friday morning from 8:00 to 1:00 and I will probably take her or Bill will, depending on the weather.  She and her friend were probably going to eat somewhere and then I'm sure they'll find something to distract themselves.  Such as shopping!  And we don't wait until the last minute if we can avoid it anyway, the store was crazy busy this morning and it will be even worse after people get off of work today.  Same thing for the gas station, it was crowded and I'm glad I went when I did.  But there was one lady at Wallyworld that had the right idea - she had her basket filled up alright.  WITH YARN! :)  I didn't stop to talk to her, I was about out of energy and just wanted to get home but it brightened my day.
 
We (ok, Otter mostly) filled up the birdfeeders in the back yard this morning.  The suet feeder still has a lot in the cage but it does get regular attacks by various birds and they have been busy today.  The dog's outside water dish has been cleaned out and refilled, they will be inside tomorrow but the birds also use their water dish.  I don't think the birds care if it's clean, but it was full of dirt and leaves so it got cleaned out.  We filled it about half-way full so that there is still room to pour hot/warm water over it in the morning because it might be frozen over.  It's a fairly big plastic dish pan.  We don't use metal because the dogs don't like having their tongues stuck to frozen metal and plastic is easy to replace if it gets broken.  Also, plastic keeps the water cooler in the summer.

I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup last night, it was delicious.  I put several containers in the freezer for Billyboy's lunches but there is enough left over for dinner tonight.  For tomorrow night, since we'll in all likelihood be in front of the fireplace, I bought hot dogs to roast in the flames.
 
I never did get any crochet done yesterday like I had planned.  Mostly, I sat on the couch with the Beagle Magnet - also known as a blanket - and kept the couch from flying.  Which is pretty much what I'm doing now, except that I do intend to crochet.  I got back into my pj's when I got home and I think I'm probably going to spend just about all afternoon in the same spot on the couch.  The beagle hasn't figured out that the blanket has been deployed, but I can hear her snoring from the dog's blankets at the end of the couch so she's not missing anything!  Frasier is also having a nap, he's at the end of the coffee table and all I can see is his back half.  I think his front half is next to the beagle on their blankets.  Even when he's sprawled out on their blankets, he overflows.  He's a big dog.


This is from a while back, but here's King Frasier!
 
Well, I just emptied my cup of hot cocoa and my water glass is in need of a refill, so I think I will mosey in the general direction of the kitchen.  I think I'm going to eat lunch while I am in there, then it's back to my couch.  And I might even have a furry foot warmer by that point.  Then, crochet time!  Daytime tv is really bad, there isn't much of any interest on.
 
RIF, y'all!

No comments: