Tuesday, December 03, 2013

I Believe in Santa Claus!

I'm not as inclined to think I'm fighting the flu, but it is a flu-like bug.  I called in today, Bill took my car because it was parked in back of his car.  Otter usually drives his Impala, but I took her to work today in case I did decide that this is the flu.  In case I decided I needed to go to the doctor, I really did not want to deal with the El Camino today.  Love to drive it, but not when I'm not feeling good.
 
After I dropped Otter off, I decided to run into the grocery store that is in the same shopping center as her store since we may well get pounded by Winter by Thursday and I've learned to always have plenty of milk, oj, etc. on hand.  And also not to wait until the last minute to get it!  The Salvation Army bell ringer was the same Santa Claus that was there the other day.  Since I was in Bill's car today, it has a TEXAS related plate on the front and Santa commented on how much he liked it.  I told him that I also had a Longhorn sticker on the back window but that I usually got dirty looks for that.  We both laughed about that, then I went in and got my storm supplies (B,M,T time, folks!).  As I came out, there was someone talking to Santa so I went on to the car.  I was almost to the car when I hear someone yell "HEY" as loud as I can.  I look back, and there is Santa waving at me - the LONGHORN WAVE!
 
So, yes, I do believe in Santa Claus.  And he's one of us!
 
I am feeling better, but not the best.  Like I mentioned, I don't really think that I'm dealing with the flu.  But I don't think it's really allergy, either.  I have been parked on the couch nearly all day, except for when I took Otter to work and that was less than an hour total.  I have my afghan and I'm parked on the couch with it.  Frequently, I have a beagle at me feet.  There is usually a BigDog not too far away, he's usually sleeping.  I'm drinking lots of fluids and taking it easy. Bill told me to get some butterscotch candy, but I do not like butterscotch.  I picked up a bag of Worther's, they are more caramel flavor than butterscotch.  Otter did offer me some of her cough drops last night, but they have Echinacea and I have a probably allergy to it.
 
 I'm going to make chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight.  Lots of it!
 
Otter is feeling much better, she wasn't feeling good at all last night.  But she felt just about back to normal this morning, which is another reason why I don't think we've been dealing with the flu.
 
Regarding the weather, the forecast has changed a bit.  It was supposed to start tomorrow night but now it's been changed to early Thursday morning.  We are in the projected path for snow and not ice, but that could still change so we really don't know what we'll get or when we'll get it.  We still have some milk and oj on hand, but I don't want to take any chances.  I also got another 20 lb. bag of birdseed.  I still have plenty of that left as well, but it usually goes fast so I grabbed another one.  Maggie Moo was very interested in it when I carried it in, I don't think she thought it was dog food but she was still very interested in the bag.  I will probably bring the feeders in tonight but not refill them until tomorrow and they'll be taken back out then.
 
Well, Frasier is awake!  He got up, stretched his long legs, then he moved to the other side of the living room.  And got back into nap position!  Silly dog.  But he might be on to something, a nap is beginning to sound really good about now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

feel better soon. We may have ice Friday night and Saturday.
It was in the mid 80s today and the high Friday will maybe mid 30s.
Froggy