Monday, December 23, 2013

One Down, One To Go

Days until vacation!
 
Today wasn't bad, I was pretty much where I wanted to be by today:  caught up with very little to do.  Well, I didn't exactly like the not having much to do part.  Last week, I think it was Thursday, was what I call the Crazy Day Before The Office Manager Goes On Vacation.  It happens every time and it lived up to the title.  I have about 5 minutes worth of work to do tomorrow.  Otter is going with me, the Teenager was very insistent about that.  Not that she minds, by the way. :)  The plan is to go to the Dollar Store at lunch time and then probably to the mall after work.
 
I know, crazy.  But she has been wanting to go back there again before Christmas and we haven't been able to.  The weather had a lot to do with it, then there was her work schedule.  IF the parking lot isn't overcrowded to the point of no spots left, we'll at least try.  3:30 might not be too bad, maybe.  Big maybe!  There is always a chance that Younger Boss will tell me/us to leave early but maybe not.  We'll see.  The Dollar Store on Christmas Eve has become a tradition, more or less.  It's a fun one.  We'll have our Christmas Eve Picnic, although it's at the table as long as we have puppies.  Froggy, I found the soy egg nog at Wallyworld last week so I bought a small carton while they still had it in stock.
 
Bill was playing with the crazybeagle while ago.  The usual result:  he was bleeding quickly.  Beagle plays hard, and so does he!  I think she got him with a claw this time, they were playing tug.  Because Maggie Moo is (technically) Otter's dog, Otter got to be Nurse this time.  He is not sporting a stylish bright pink bandaid on one arm!  After Maggie got tired of playing, she camped out in front of the fireplace for a bit.  Now she's back at my feet, tending to her pedicure.  Frasier has been checking with me every so often but now he's back to sleep on their blankets.  I think I'm going to wash their blankets in the morning.  They get washed about once a week, not that Fraiser appreciates it!  Maggie does, she especially likes it when the blankets come out of the dryer - she kind of insists on getting to park herself on them while they are still warm.
 
I went to Wallyworld after work today.  I didn't particularly want to, but Bill thought of something he wanted me to get:  cokes.  We hardly ever actually drink coke anymore, but sometimes we do.  I also got sprite while I was there.  They were busy but not nearly as bad as they were yesterday.
 
Of course, the fact that it was in the low 20's might have had something to do with it.  It was in the 20's all day long, we had a chance of flurries but they didn't materialize.  Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not.  Except for the low temp, I am complaining about that.  It's well below the range that aggravates my asthma.  It actually hurts to breathe when it's this low.  Tomorrow will be warmer.  Not a lot, but the melting will start.
 
That means that Mud Season is here.  Yuck!

No comments: