Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Later in the Day, Christmas 2013 **EDITED**

It's been a good day.  It started early, I woke up at 4:45 and I've been up since then.  No particular reason, I just woke up early.  I didn't sleep that well last night, either.  But, again, no particular reason.  Since I woke up so early, I let the dogs out which they liked - although they would probably rather have been fed instead of let out.  Not that early!
 
We had coffee and spent some quiet time on the couch, just talking.  Which we have not had time to do for a long time. 
 
Otter got up about 7:00 and we got into the stockings.  Bill found his coal shaped candy, but he thinks that it was intended for Otter's stocking and not his.  We disagree! :)  Otter's new calendar was in the present stack, we didn't put up a tree this year so I can't say it was under the tree.  But she did tell me yesterday that I should just put it with the rest of the gifts.  She also got the certificate I made which would allow her to get a trip to the calendar store and a new calendar, which amused her.
 
Grandpa and Sweetie got her at 9:00, we had our annual "Bill Breakfast".  Bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, waffles (we have lots of leftovers).  Lots of coffee & oj.  Then we opened presents.  I got Bill a new pair of house shoes, which he did need** - and he's been forbidden from wearing this pair out to get firewood because the old ones will never be clean again - it wasn't just dirt that he stepped in (many times) with them on.  He's also giving me another pair of house shoes but I told him I wanted another kit like the ones I usually wear but until last night I wasn't sure which of the two styles I wanted so they will be late.
 
One of the things I've noticed is that I know Otter is no longer a child because she actually asked for socks for Christmas.  So, we got her several pair and so did G & S.  Otter got me a new crock pot.  I can make soup again!  Well, I'll be able to after I take it back to Wallyworld and exchange it for one that doesn't have a manufacturer flaw in the glaze on the crock!  I'll do that tomorrow, it's not a big deal but Otter was a little upset.  Which I understand, this is the first Christmas she's really been able to buy things for people but it's not her fault at all.  I dragged the old one out while ago, and the crack in the crock is pretty visible so it was useless after all.
 
Otter has to work tomorrow, I'm going to take her and pick her up.  I'm going to see how busy Walmart is on the way to take her, if they don't look to crowded (yeah, right!), I will exchange the crock pot and possibly buy groceries while I'm there.  If they do look too busy, I'll probably still get groceries when I drop her off but at the grocery store and not Wally.  After I pick her up, she gets off at 1:00, we're going to the yarn store.  She and Bill are each getting me a skein of mink yarn for my birthday.  This is one time I don't mind getting my own gift!

**EDIT:  Turns out that Bill's size 11 shoes did not fit him after all.  The boy has big feet!  The shoes will be returned and he'll use the cash for what he really wants:  a sandblasting cabinet at the tool store Otter works at.  He got two gift certificates there as well as a generic-use anywhere gift card and he should have just enough.  He does need a new pair of house shoes, but he is very hard to buy shoes for and he's not in a mood to go haunt shoe stores.  So, he'll clean off his old ones and hope that they will stay together for a while yet.

No comments: