Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

It's been a quiet evening.  It was a sort-of busy day.  Otter went to work with me for her Required Visit.  The Teenager really enjoyed seeing her.
 
We hit the dollar store, as is our unintended tradition on Christmas Eve, at lunch.  We didn't find anything, but it was still a fun trip.
 
After work, we managed to make it to the mall.  It was crowded, but I've seen it busier on regular days.  But we had a fun trip.  Otter finally decided on a calendar, being her parent's daughter she chose a Twilight Zone one.  She usually gets one from us for Christmas, but she had trouble making up her mind.  So, I made her a homemade gift certificate which would have been one of her gifts tomorrow - it would have earned her a trip to get a calendar upon presentation of the certificate to one of her parental units.  I told her about it, she thought it was a fun idea.  While at the mall, we went in a couple of stores but didn't buy anything else except for lemonade at the pretzel place.
 
We did have one more stop:  the grocery store.  We went at lunch and got oj and flour tortillas, but forgot one thing we really needed.  Grandpa and Sweetie have the sweetest little dog, Sophie is her name.  Sophie came to them recently, after a friend of theirs who was her original owner passed away.  Sophie is a little fluffbutt, but she is adorable.  We didn't want to forget her, so Frasier and Maggie are giving her a small container of treats.  Can't forget the pupsters!  Ours will get their treat bones tomorrow, probably in the afternoon.
 
We had our traditional living room picnic (on the table because of the puppies) for dinner tonight.  I have a set of Fenton/Anchor Hocking plates that Bill got me a few years ago and we used them tonight.
 
Bill wants to know if I'm talking about him.  I think he thinks I should.  He's not very helpful as far as specific subjects go.  So, Billyboy, consider yourself talked about!
 
OK, back to my eggnog now.  Yes, I did remember to put the rum in it this year!
 
Hope everybody has as enjoyable an evening as we have had.

No comments: