Tuesday, March 04, 2014

I Thought I Could, I Thought I Could...

Make it to work today and last the day.  I got the first part down easily, the roads were bad in the neighborhood but good outside and there wasn't much traffic.  I bribed Otter into taking two birdfeeders out for me - she works cheap, I offered her something warm to drink at the convenience store by her store but we were earlier than I thought we'd be so it became hash browns and something caffeinated to drink at McDonald's instead.
 
The second part wasn't quite to easy!  I made it until 11:30, but I probably should have left at least 30 minutes before that.  EXHAUSTED!
 
Otter was supposed to get off at 1:00 and Bill was going to pick her up, but she didn't expect them to be busy and there was a chance she'd get off early.  So, her instructions were to call me first since he almost never actually remembers to turn on his cell phone when he's at home and I would call him if she couldn't get him.  She called me just after I left, she was going to get off at noon.  So I went and got her, then we stopped at Little Ceasar's for lunch/dinner on the way home.  Too tired to cook today.
 
I've been mostly taking it easy, I am feeling better but I am extremely tired.  My Younger Boss said he didn't think I'd last as long as I did and that I should have left sooner.  I'll play it by ear tomorrow.  The Teenager called me this afternoon and reminded me that I was sick for 2 - 3 weeks, and that it is natural that it might take me a while to recover.
 
I'm hoping to stay longer tomorrow and I might manage to get the grocery shopping trip done after work - or maybe not!  Otter's off tomorrow, but she's going to be running around with one of her friends.
 
Bill was off today as well as yesterday, he's been working on pachinko-related projects most of the day.  We did have one errand, he took a machine to the booth and I went with him.  I pulled a few things out and put the new stuff in that I came up with over the weekend.  We did have some sales last month, it looks like they were all in the last week of the month.  That was a fairly easy trip, it took maybe 5 minutes total inside the antique mall.  About half of the sales were Bill's, Otter sold one of her pony necklaces and the rest of it was mine.  Froggy, my proceeds went into my Fun Stuff Fund - which will come in handy in June.
 
I mentioned pizza.  I bought extra and also cheesy breadsticks, with the idea of getting 2 meals out of it.  Lunch was pretty good, and it was even better because I didn't have to cook!  If anybody ever gets ready for supper, they know where and what it is.
 
My neck is much better today, I was able to sleep in a comfortable position last night.  It's still a bit twingy but I'm able to move it a lot more than yesterday at least.

No comments: