Sunday, March 09, 2014

Think I'm Just About There

Yesterday was the first day I've felt good, really good all day, in somewhere around a month.  It was nice!  I feel pretty good today, too.  I think I'm pretty much recovered from The Bug.
 
I have to be careful not to overdo it; yesterday was a little boring at times since I didn't want to do to much and exhaust myself.  So, I cooked!  I made a pot of crock pot soup, beanie-weenie surprise for the freezer (Bill's lunches) and cookies.  The cookies were from a roll of slice and bake but it should have been named "bake and disappear" because that is what happened to them.  Frasier helped me take it easy, every time I sat down he would appear and lean on me until I petted him.  At one point, he more or less melted to the floor where he stayed for a very long time - purring!
 
Otter is off next Saturday, so she and I are going shopping Saturday morning.  We're going to a few antique-ish stores we don't get to very often.  She's off with J at the moment, she wanted a ride today to meet him at the mall so I took her.  I'll go pick her up in a couple of hours, it might be getting dark about that time so I am going to take Bill's car since I didn't get the headlight repaired on mine last week as that was the day I stayed home and rested.  I'll call Chevy to get the oil change rescheduled and get the headlight replaced then.  Then I'll take Bill's Impala in for an oil change and tire rotation the next day, if they have an appointment open early.  I like to get the 7:00 a.m. slot, they can usually get the work done and I can get to work on time.  They do have a shuttle to get people where they need to be, I just prefer to get it done quickly and then have the car without having to get them to pick me back up.
 
Bill has been happily boxing up Aripachi machines.  They are similar to pachinko machines and he got a lot of them in the inventory he bought from SA last summer.  He's been selling then on eBay and he's got someone who wants to buy the last few he's got left, so there are large boxes all over the house and each one has an Aripachi machine in it.
 
We went to the booth this afternoon.  Bill's been listing the booth on craigslist as well as on his website.  Someone that has had Bill work on pachinko machines wanted one, so Bill told him to go look at the ones we have at the booth.  He and Bill spoke earlier and they made a deal on one of the machines at the booth.  Finally!  Bill cleaned out the Useless Collection (shot glasses) yesterday.  He's keeping several of them, some of them are being donated and quite a few will be put in the booth.  We took a few things up there today and I put 10 shot glasses out.  We'll see if they sell.  I had a moonstone opalescent Fenton candle stick at the booth that I was going to bring home if it didn't sell soon.  It finally sold.  Along with a gel-filled bicycle seat that I think I used once.  I'm going to get a few more shot glasses priced and ready, and see what else I have to take up to the booth.  I'll probably do that when Bill meets the pachinko buyer there since he'll probably rearrange the pachinko machines until he gets another one ready to replace the ones that is going to be leaving.
 
I'm not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but the dryer keeps eating things.  There is one spot where stuff sometimes gets caught, it's right at the top near the door.  Bill looked at it today (because I finally remembered to leave the caught item there for him so he could see exactly where it was caught at!) and he thinks he knows what the problem is.  There are two components to the barrel piece and he found them online.  One is a felt piece that fits underneath it and helps the barrel stay in place.  The other piece is plastic and fits on top of the barrel at the door.  He's thinking that maybe the barrel has not been revolving as fast as it should be, hopefully the repair will help with that and maybe it will be quicker to get the laundry dry.
 
Froggy, I have been working on my "projects" for you.  One is nearly finished, I think it probably just needs a couple of finishing touches.  The other two are half-way there, they are crochet and I have not had a lot of time to work on them.  I didn't want to attempt them when I didn't feel good recently, they involve counting stitches.  I think I'll get them done this week, they won't take that long.  Also, Otter has finally decided she wants a poncho.  Similar to the triangular shawls in style, but not open in the front.  I have a few patterns, she just needs to look through them and pick the one she wants.  Then, we get to go buy yarn!  Because it never fails, I get a project and I don't have the right yarn.
 
Not that I'm complaining about having to buy more yarn.  Ever.

No comments: