Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Shishkabobs

I think that shishkabobs would be great, made out of fresh groundhog.
 
Today, we hit our high (50's) about sunrise.  It went steadily down, and by the time we left for church it was in the high 30's.  When we came out of church about 10:00, it was sleeting and there were a few snowflakes mixed in.  It started raining shortly after that and it's been in the mid-30's all day.
 
Anybody got any dipping sauce for the shishkabobs?  I'm thinking A-1 and maybe Sweet 'n Sour.  Picante, of course!
 
Bill was going to fix the dryer today.  He started to work on it, he started to take it apart and then realized that there is a 3rd part that he should have ordered.  So, he put it back together and ordered the other part.  He said that I can use the dryer, but I did a load before church in case it wasn't usable today (that was before he took it apart) so I haven't needed to run it.  He said it might take a little longer than it has been.  I'll probably need to run a load in a few days.
 
Otter and I ran a few errands this afternoon.  Michael's had a good ad with a 15% off everything coupon and she needed something for a specific project, so off we went!  We also went to Bill's favorite hardware store (where Otter works) because I wanted to get one of the palm-sized spotlight flashlights they sell since the "regular" style ones always seem to have dead batteries when I need them.  I keep one in my purse and that style always gets turned on accidentally, then they are useless when I need one.
 
The latest house that is coming up behind us is now bricked.  It sits between our house and Lovely Neighbor's.  Bill noticed yesterday that the bricklayers could see inside our dining room windows without a problem, so he closed up the blinds.  But that means that anybody that moves into that house will also be able to see inside our house.  We were afraid that was going to happen.  I think we're going to put a mini-blind in the big window in the living room, the one that looks out into our back yard.  It currently has sheer curtains and regular curtains, but I think we'll be putting miniblinds in soon.  The house behind us isn't able to see straight into that window, but they can see in the bedroom window so it will probably be getting miniblinds at some point but for now the bedroom window is fine because of the curtains I have in there.
 
It was so much nicer when the only neighbors we had behind us had 4-feet and said Moo!
 
We took the middle leaf out of the table today.  It's now round and much smaller.  Otter wasn't sure it would be big enough, but it works fine.  It's not completely centered underneath the light in the dining room anymore, but we still have plenty of light.  And Frasier doesn't have as much of a target to run into, when he zooms into the kitchen from the dog door and midjudges the  curve he needs to take into the livingroom!
 
Otter and I ran off yesterday.  We went to several antique-ish stores, Froggy I think you've been to all of them.  I didn't find a thing, but Otter found a lot.  It was still fun.  We went to the booth store and put a few more things in the booth, then we shopped there as well.  There are still several more shot glasses to go up there and I have a set of bookends to take.  I'll probably do that tomorrow.
 
OK, Froggy.  Now you are updated!

No comments: