Sunday, March 02, 2014

Sunday Nesting

I'm back in my corner of the couch, where I spent most of the last 2 weeks.  But this time it's because Winter has shown up again.  It was supposed to start snowing and/or sleeting late yesterday afternoon but it was slow.
 
Otter worked yesterday, she got home around 12:45 or so and promptly took a nap.  I tried to, but I never quite got there.  We watched the movie we rented, Thor 2, then decided that we'd better go ahead and return it to the video store last night even though we rented it through today.  Just in case we weren't able to get out today.  I needed something from Michael's, so Otter and I headed up there about 6:00 p.m. and we dropped the movie off at the same time.  Still no bad weather, but the temperature was dropping rapidly.  By the time we got home, it was much colder.

The movie was pretty good, by the way.  It was a little overdramatic, but it's supposed to be so it worked.
 
Frasier woke me up at 4:45 this morning, I let them out but did not feed them.  He's gotten into the habit of barking around 5:00 when we normally get out, but he's slowly starting to wake up earlier and barking for breakfast.  I'm going to break him of that habit.  When he chirped this morning, I got up and let them out but didn't feed them.  I went back to bed.  Bill got up sometime after that and he fed them, but it was closer to 5:30 which is their normal time to be fed.  I went back to sleep until around 7:15, it was not snowing then and it didn't look like anything.
 
I went out to get the paper about 7:30 or so, it was just starting to snow then.  It's been snowing all day and there has been sleet mixed in.  It's really cold.  We've had a fire going all day and we've decided that Bill is going to get more firewood from the lumberyard as soon as he sees it next summer.  Otter's plans were changed, she was going to one of her friend's houses today but they've rescheduled that for later in the week when it's not winterish.  It's been thundering off and on today, thunder snows are fun but today we've also had thunder sleet!
 
I've spent most of my day on the couch and frequently with the heating pad on my neck.  I gave myself a crick in the neck last night, my hair was in my face and I shook my head to get it out of the way - and my neck felt tight immediately.  It didn't really bother me last night, but it felt tight when I woke up the first time.  When I actually got up, it was pretty painful and the muscles were pretty tight.  I've been using the heating pad and motrin, it's not horrible but that doesn't mean I like it!
 
I have done a couple of loads of laundry and also a little misc. crafting.  Froggy, not telling!
 
Other than barking this morning, Frasier has been pretty lazy today.  I think it's the weather!  Maggie Moo has been just as unenergetic as her big brother.  Except that Maggie Moo actually managed to get lost underneath the blanket she was snoozing under.  Couldn't find her way out!  She's done that a couple of times.  She's not the sharpest tool in the shed by any stretch of the imagination!  Frasier gets up every so often, stretches and then rearranges himself for another nap.

Wish he'd go get that groundhog!

No comments: