Friday, February 28, 2014

I'm Still At It

And I'm tired of it!
 
I was absolutely exhausted last night, I went to bed fairly early and slept well last night.  I felt nearly well this morning, but the longer I was up the more I started coughing.  I went in to work but I was really only aiming for noon.  However, I didn't make it.  At 9:30, I was out the door.  I had been coughing my head off, and knew I wasn't going to make it as long as I hoped - Younger Boss strongly suggested that I head home around 9:15, but I had already decided I would.
 
I stopped at Wallyworld on the way home, I was really thirsty (probably from the coughing) so I stopped for a coke.  I had to go by the booth to pay March rent, they were busy so I looked around a bit while I waited but that was mostly because it was inside, warm and dry - outside was cold and slightly rainy.  While I waited, I checked on our booth and we had had a few things sell in the last week-ish since I checked the booth.  I think it was pretty much all my stuff, along with one of Otter's pony necklaces.  Since February is not officially over, I didn't collect the proceeds yet.  I went to the post office, since it's right down the street and I had mail for work.  I went a little further down the street and drove through Taco Bell for a salad for lunch and then down the street a little more to the video store.  We live in a fairly small town, nearly everything is next door to or down the street from everything else.  None of the stops took all that long and I still got home pretty quickly.
 
Other than eating my salad, I've pretty much been parked on the couch since I got home.  Otter ran the vacuum when she got home and I think the dishwasher still needs to be unloaded.  Frasier did pretty good with the vacuum, he stood in the kitchen and watched Otter but then he came into the living room when I called him and stood beside me before plopping himself down on their blankets - before Otter was finished vacuuming.
 
I have not coughed as much this afternoon, which is a change from coughing myself dizzy this morning!  The asthma has been kicking up due to the bug, which was not unexpected.  This bug takes 2 to 3 weeks to clear, and it's all over this area.  The cough is probably the worst part of it.  Add in asthma, and it's really "fun" - not!  I'm sore across my middle, muscle soreness caused by the coughing.  But at least I didn't pull a muscle like Billyboy did.
 
Today was rainy but not a pouring rain.  It's been cold all day, it was in the mid-30's when I came home and I don't think it got much warmer.  Tonight will be cold, tomorrow will be 40's and tomorrow night will be the beginning of Sunday's return of winter weather!  Otter was going to one of her friend's houses on Sunday, but it looks like that may have to be cancelled - the forecast is for ice and possibly lots of it.
 
Bill moved a lot of the firewood underneath the covered lean-to in the dog's yard this week.  He's going to bring in a little more tonight so that we'll have plenty for the morning.  I have a feeling that the fireplace will be going all day long on Sunday, we have used a lot of firewood this winter and now I'm really glad Bill got so much.  He's going to do the same thing this coming summer/fall - hit the lumber yard again and buy the scrap/end pieces/misc. pieces that they sell as firewood for next to nothing,  I think it was a lumberyard, I don't remember precisely.  Last summer, we both felt like we needed to get a lot of firewood.  I'm glad we did, it's been one of those winters where we have had a lot of fires.
 
We Spring Forward one hour on Sunday, March 9th.  That groundhog better start running now, he's going to need a head start!

No comments: