Friday, February 21, 2014

Hack Hack Hack

That seems to be the main thing you would hear around our house!
 
And the next thing you would hear would probably be Bill screeching in pain, because he seems to have pulled a muscle in his chest from the hard coughing and each time he coughs...  If he wasn't coughing, or hurting from coughing, he would probably feel a lot better.  He did manage to get some sleep last night, he moved back to the bed for the night and did cough some but not excessively.  He's also trying very hard not to sneeze, he says that coughing is bad but that sneezing is agony.  He didn't even try to go in today, neither did I.
 
Otter's been running errands for us and doing whatever we ask her to do.  She is working today, she didn't have enough time to get to the grocery store for me so I did that myself.  Which just about wore me out!  But we really wanted to be able to eat for the next couple of weeks, so I kind of had to go.  I also took a box to the post office to mail for Bill.  After I got home, Bill and I had lunch.  Then I remembered that I had to go to the bank so I did that and stopped at the video store since it was on the way.  It sounds like a lot, but there were all quick stops.  Except for the grocery store and that was maybe 30 minutes because I hurried.
 
Otter and I are not going to attempt the local school's book sale/fundraiser tomorrow and the zoo has also been put off.  We probably would have skipped the zoo this weekend anyway, the forecast has been changed and now instead of the 60's it was originally, which was then changed to 50's, it's been downgraded to the 40's.  Also, J probably has the flu so he wouldn't have been able to go with us.  We'll reschedule the zoo for a few weeks from now, when it's warmer.
 
The antibiotic is doing a number on my stomach.  But I think it's helping.  Sinus infections can take a while to heal but I do think it's better.  I still have the URI, but not as bad a case as Bill has had.
 
Frasier had an adventure yesterday afternoon.  The trash was kind of smelly, probably from the package the chicken I used in the soup came in.  I pulled the bag out of the can and sealed it, then I put it in the garage to wait for this morning's trash pick up.  We didn't see too much of Fraiser, he was outside and seemed to be barking.  A lot.  Bill went out into the garage looking for something and found out why.  The trash bag had been torn into and most of the contents were strewn around the garage floor.  Including the several days worth of coffee grounds!  Which probably explains why the dog was bouncing all over the yard!  Maggie Moo was never under any suspicion, she spent most of her afternoon snoozing under the blanket I had!  She's the usual culprit, but this time she was innocent.  Frasier eventually calmed down and crashed out in the floor but he was still a little more energetic than normal by the time we wanted to go to bed so I gave him a tranquilizer.  He is fine, back to normal today.  We don't know exactly how much caffeine he ingested, it is not good for dogs but he didn't get too much apparently.  Just enough to get bouncy!  Big furry brat!

No comments: