Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Not Yet

Recovered, that is.
 
Bill went to work and managed to stay the day.  He sounded pretty tired when he called me while ago.  He gets off in about 15 minutes (at 4:00) and I'm sure he'll be exhausted when he gets home.  I went in and lasted until shortly before 11:00 before I called it a day.  I got all the paychecks done and paid all the bills I needed to, organized a bunch of stuff and I am now pretty much caught up again.  It's not a busy office and being the Borg Queen means that I'm about as organized as it gets so I got caught up fast.  I realized that I was almost out of motrin, so I came home and got Otter and she made sure we got to Wallyworld.  Also the post office, I had a bunch of stuff to mail for work and nobody had been to check our box since Sunday I think.  Anyway, we were leaving Wallyworld when the car suddenly announced that it was low on fuel so we stopped at the gas station on the way home.  It was probably on fumes at that point!  Otter took care of getting the car gassed up - I still had to pay for it, but she did the actual work.  It was cold today, it never got past the mid-30's and it was breezy so I'm thankful she was willing to stand outside the car for me.
 
I didn't sleep too well last night, I have had several asthma-ish issues related to this bug and last night was the worst I've had in a while.  I am still coughing, but it's better this afternoon.  Last night, I was about to drop and the most I did was to make pizza.  I have had a headache off & on and a sore throat but that seems to be mostly when I've been coughing a lot.  Tonight will be easier, last night wasn't hard but all I have to do tonight is to point Bill and Otter in the direction of the microwave!  Part of the reason I decided on pizza yesterday is because it makes enough to have 2 days worth of meals.  We did try to cut the recipe down one time, but it didn't work as well so we make the full recipe and have multiple meals.
 
As far as tomorrow, I'll decide in the morning but at this point I'm not inclined to go in.  I got everything done today that I needed to, just in case.  Otter works tomorrow morning, I'm thinking that I'll probably take her and pick her up.  Originally, if I was home she was going to take my car but then I remembered that I have to get to the post office myself since the box has to be renewed by Friday.  I didn't think about it today until after we'd left and I really didn't want to go back there.  Bill might decide to drive the El Camino tomorrow, in which case she can take his car but I'm thinking he'll probably prefer to drive his Impala.  I think tomorrow will be warmer than today, but Friday will be in the 60's and then Saturday is back to C.O.L.D.  Sunday could well be "winter mix" weather.  We all know what that means!  Oh year, I saw snow flakes this morning.
 
Gonna skin that groundhog, if I ever catch him!

No comments: