Monday, February 03, 2014

Round Two?

Maybe round two of the latest winter storm series will hit tonight.  Or tomorrow morning.  Or maybe not at all.
 
Maybe we'll get ice.  Maybe a lot.  Maybe a little.
 
Maybe we'll get snow.  Maybe a lot.  Maybe a little.
 
It all depends.
 
On which tv station forecast you chose to listen to!
 
It was very cold this morning.  I filled up three birdhouses and nearly froze!  The birds were happy, and the feeders are all empty tonight.  They will stay that way until tomorrow morning.  Yesterday, I had to bribe Otter with cash to get her to fill them for me!  Not that I blame her, by the way.  It was pretty cold.
 
Today was actually not bad, the main streets were cleared off pretty good but the schools were closed.  So, Bill took a vacation day.  I went to work, but at one point I seriously wondered if I was going to get there - because the doors on both sides of my car were frozen shut!  Once I got out of the neighborhood, it was easy.  It was sunny today, it was above freezing and those conditions meant that most streets melted down.
 
Tomorrow remains to be determined.  It could be really bad.  It depends on when/where the storm lines up at.  We're going to play it by ear in the morning, but it does sound like we have a good chance of getting something out of the next wave.
 
Otter worked noon to five today, Bill took her since he was home.  If he'd gone in to work today, she would have gone with me or I'd have come home at early lunch and picked her up to get her to work.  The El Camino does not like this weather at all, so it doesn't get driven much in he winter normally.  I went to the post office and stopped at Wallyworld after I got off, then I picked Otter up when she got off.
 
Wally was a tad bit crowded!  I think a lot of people are stocking up because we could be dealing with winter weather the rest of the week.  I just wanted to get taco fixins* for dinner and a couple of other things.  The parking lot was very full.  There were a whole lot of people in there today.
 
I decided to add a little bit on to the afghan.  I put two more rows of cream on it Saturday.  I have two more cream rows then I'll put four more green on and then I'll measure it.  At that point I might put another set of cream and maybe green on it.  I haven't crocheted since then because I have a sore left hand from jamming it when I brought in firewood yesterday.  Many times!  And a case of winter skin, but that is probably not surprising right now.
 
I've also decided against turning the quilt top I bought into curtains.  I'm going to put batting on the back of it and then a fabric back.  We always need more blankets!  I think I'm just going to leave the curtains as they are.  The neighbors behind us seem to have some type of blocking curtains or possibly darkening film on their back windows and that means that they are less likely to be looking in our windows - especially since I am pretty sure that the last time I saw the lady back there she was attempting to stand tall so she could see over the back fence and into my kitchen - she saw me and she knew she'd been caught.  I may rethink that later on, but for now I think it's fine.  The curtains are not opened when we are home and in the bedroom, they are open for the plants during the day but the room isn't lit up.
 
*See my many posts on TEXAS.  Specifically, the ones that deal with our language.  Fixin is one of our very favorite words and we use it every chance we get.  Plural, singular - it doesn't matter!

No comments: