Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sickie Boo

I think I mentioned that I was watching Bill a couple of days ago, but not letting him know I was.  He had yesterday off, Otter worked in the morning and was home in the afternoon.  She reported to me that he coughed all afternoon and that she didn't think he felt too good.  He had a rough night last night, he coughed a lot and was very congested.  At some point, he got up and moved to the couch.  He spent the rest of the night sitting up with a blanket and not sleeping much.  When I got up at 5:00 this morning, I thought he had fever - but he would never let me take his temperature so I don't know for sure.  Shortly after that, The Borg Queen informed him that Yes, he was going to the doctor and No, he was not going to work.  And to quit griping about it!
 
We got to the walk-in clinic about 5 minutes after they opened and he was seen immediately.  He has an upper respiratory infection, bronchitis AND a sinus infection.  He's also got an excuse for work and he's off until Thursday.  He got prescriptions for an antibiotic ($60 after the $30 discount with our insurance), pills for the congestion ($10 after the $20 discount) and a codeine based cough liquid to take at bedtime ($2.00 after the $10 discount).  That's $72.00, just for 3 prescriptions!  The congestions pills are working, he said he can tell that for sure and they can also make him groggy.  I told him that power tools are off limits.  The congestions pills may help the cough as well.  The cough liquid will make him drowsy for sure.
 
Guess I'm making chicken soup tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made him go to the doctor. Can he take codeine? Yes chicken soup should be on the menu tonight.
Chili might be good in a couple of days, the spices might help with the congestion. Also any excuse to have chili.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Codeine has never bothered him when he's had to take it. We had chicken soup, he had two bowls of it. What do you mean, excuse to have chili? We don't need any excuses!!!