Wednesday, February 19, 2014

If Sharing is Caring...

Then Bill must care about me a lot.  Because he shared his upper respiratory infection with me!
 
Oh, I also have a sinus infection but that's just coincidence.
 
I was wondering last night about getting sick, I was having some symptoms that were too strong to be allergy and I woke up with a sinus headache this morning.  I took motrin and went on to work.  Bill was home today and he had Dr. Otter to take care of him.  She made sure he had plenty of water and kept to his medication schedule.  I was busy at work, there were a bunch of little things that I needed to do.  Once they were all done, I left and went straight to the walk-in clinic.  I told Younger Boss that he was not allowed to bring the Teenager in until after I left because Teenager is in after all a 97-year old man with a 96-year old wife and she's had two recent hospitalizations (one was for pneumonia).  The Teenager called to check on me and he agreed with me, by the way.  So did the doctor I saw, he said that I should probably not go to work tomorrow and when I told him about Teenager, he said that I should probably stay home Friday as well because the Teenager does NOT need this.  I also wiped down the phones I used with alchohol before I left the office.
 
I have the Upper Respiratory Infection that Bill has, but it's in the early stages so I probably will not have to deal with the bronchitis.  (Because I didn't wait 3 or 4 days, unlike Willyboy!)  The sinus infection is not necessarily connected.  I've thought a few times that I might have one coming on then it would improve - sometimes that happens.  This time, it was obviously worsening.  Given my history, the doctor strongly suggested I take an antibiotic for it this time and I agreed.
 
I came home and got Otter, she needed to get out of the house for a while, and she went with me to Walgreen's.  My prescription was about half of what Bill's was and the insurance discount meant that I paid about $12.00 for it.  I started on it after lunch today.  Otter and I also stopped at Wallyworld for milk (and more oj!), but I forgot to get yogurt.  Yogurt is a necessity for me when I'm taking an antibiotic!  There was still one yogurt left from Otter's recent bout with a sinus infection and she told me to eat it so I had it after taking the antibiotic.  She is off tomorrow and said she'll run up to the store for more for me in the morning.
 
Bill's going I to work tomorrow, although I expect his boss to send him back home pretty much as soon as he gets in the door.  He is better but he still has the wicked cough.  It's not as bad as it was, he's not coughing himself into nearly fainting anymore.  But it's still a hard cough and he also has a lot of congestion still.  He slept on the couch last night, he needed to be propped up to be able to breathe so I made him a nest similar to what we did when he had the skin cancer surgery last summer and was unable to lie down.  He had his feet propped up a little bit so that he didn't have as much swelling in them.  He took the cough syrup last night and will probably take it tonight.  It was not prescribed for me, it's got codeine and I think I'm allergic so I didn't get that prescription.  But I'm not coughing nearly as bad as Bill is.  But I do have a headache still.  I'm taking motrin for it.
 
Otter and I had tentative plans to go to the zoo on Sunday.  We're going to put that off a couple of weeks or so, for one thing we want to wait until it's a little warmer.  It's going to be in the 50's this weekend which isn't bad, but we want to wait a little while.  Also, J was invited but he has a huge project for one of his classes that is taking up most of his time and we don't want to cause problems for him but we do want him to go with us so we are going to wait.  There is a local once-a-year sale in Tulsa on Saturday and we had been talking about going to that after Otter gets off work.  It's inside at least, but we're going to see how I feel on Saturday and then decide.
 
I'm parked on the couch and I think I'll be here for a while.  I have a large, furry foot warmer in the shape of a beagle on top of my feet!  She'll probably be in the same spot tomorrow, although I will probably have a crochet hook in one hand and yarn in the other then.

No comments: