Thursday, February 13, 2014

Warm Day

Well, warm for this time of year.  It was in the high 50's and maybe made it to 60.  It was sunny and N.I.C.E.!!!!!
 
Froggy, I was talking about skipping winter in general.  I know it's too late for this year.  But, if we skip winter - will be then have TEXAS seasons?  You know:  Summer, Summer, Summer, Christmas.  (It's a TEXAN thing, you don't have to understand - but a TEXAN will.)
 
I've been having issues with me stupidleftknee this week.  It's been bothering me a lot and I've had my brace on most of the time.  Today is the first time I've gone without the brace this week.  It's better.  I'm really glad that the winter weather is (hopefully) over because it's always a riskier procedure for me to deal with ice and slippier surfaces.
 
I've started a "project" that is ongoing.  Well, it's not really a project.  But it is ongoing.  Otter will eventually be moving out on her own, she would like to do it this year but I'm not sure if she'll actually be able to afford it this soon.  I know exactly how she feels, I was her age (21) when I moved into my first apartment.  My project is related to that.  I've started what we call an Otter Box.  No, it's not a box for a phone!  It's actually in a bag at the moment, but will eventually become a box most likely.  In the bag-eventual box?  Well, supplies.  Things Otter will need when she moves out.  Nothing big, but things that she will need.  Being her mother's daughter, she cooks.  So, the only contents so far are cooking related.  Measuring spoons, measuring cups, kitchen scissors and I also put in a crocheted dish scrubber.  I'll add things to it periodically, not all cooking related but basics that she'll need to get herself organized.  She might actually get an apartment with one of her friends, apartments are fairly expensive here and that might be the only way they can afford it.  We know the friend she'll probably have as a roommate and they are well-matched.  I never wanted to have a roommate, but it's almost a necessity anymore.
 
Froggy, I still have two crochet projects for you and one non-crochet project.  They are still secret, however!

No comments: