Sunday, February 16, 2014

You Know What?

I'm tired!  It's been a long day, for some reason.  Bill has been feeling a little under the weather the last couple of days and for that reason we didn't go to church this morning.  He was supposed to take it easy, but he's been boxing up pachinko and aripachi machines that have been sold.  He has been trying not to overdo it, but he has been busier that I wanted him to be.  Not as busy as he would have liked to be, at least.  He did get out earlier, he needed a couple of specific things at Radio Shack that I would not have been able to get for him - I'm not electronically inclined.  But that was about it for him as far as his outside activities.  He has been nosier the last couple of nights, snoring a little bit but also coughing and he was a touch wheezy yesterday.
 
Otter spent most of the day with J today, they went to the mall and a few places besides.  They saw Thor 2 at the dollar theater, they've both seen it before but they enjoyed it.  They also had dinner out and shopped at a few places near the mall.  They exchanged their Valentine's - she made him black velvet cupcakes and he got her a specific collector doll she's been wanting.
 
My day has been spent watching Bill but not letting him know!  And doing laundry.  And a bit of crafting - Froggy, I'm still not telling!
 
Bill let the dogsters out in the back yard for a little while this morning.  Maggie Moo stayed on the deck for a little while, then she went straight to the shed and underneath it.  I think she came close to really getting stuck under there this time.  It's settled a bit and the ground is soft, sandy with moles that have probably tunneled underneath it so I think we're going to have to jack it up again and adjust the "piers" that Bill and his Dad put underneath it years ago.  And keep the beagle away from it!
 
I put 4 more rows on the afghan yesterday.  I put 4 cream rows on it recently, yesterday I put the green rows on.  It might be done, I'm not sure yet.  I may still want to put another set of each color on it, but my arms are sore from yesterday's crochet marathon and I've been busy today so I didn't have time.  But I want to leave it as it is for a while, then I'll look at it again and decide if I want to add to it or not.  I'm thinking I probably will.  I have 2 full skeins and 1 partial skein of the cream color and about a half to 3/4 of a skein of the green.  These are 1 pound skeins, so they are big.  I measured the green skein before I started on it yesterday, I should have enough green to do two more sets of 4 rows but I'm not sure if I want to do that many or not.  I really like the yarn, I've made two shawls out of the green (Froggy, you have one) and several smaller projects but I don't want to buy anymore because pound skeins are huge.  I'm sure I'll find plenty of things to use the cream yarn for!




Just because I thought it was cute!

No comments: