Sunday, March 23, 2014

It Is Officially Spring Today

Because we switched bedspreads!
 
Much as I love the camo quilt, it is very warm.  It's wonderful to sleep under it during the winter, but it's getting warmer and that means that it's time for my quilt!
 
Bill got up around 6:15, the dogs were still quiet and calm.  That never happens, they want breakfast at a regular time and that time is generally no later than 5:30 a.m.  He brought coffee back to me (I was still in bed) and we enjoyed having coffee without actually having to get up.  It was nice, we didn't turn the light on and just enjoyed watching the sky get lighter outside the window.
 
We've been running errands and doing stuff around the house.  We went to several stores for stuff Bill needed (usually it's for me or Otter.)  Bill and Otter just about ran my feet off, but it was fun.  One of our stops was Otter's store, Bill wanted to get stuff for his soda blaster (like a sand blaster) and I got knee pads.  My knees have been really bad lately, Bill suggested I try knee pads and Otter said that they carry some good ones so I figured it's worth a try.
 
Especially with the fact that Spring has sprung and I'm going to be outside a lot in the near future, planting things.  Lowe's and Home Depot seem to be getting their stock of plants in but I don't think that they have a lot yet.  Honeysuckle and trumpet vines are on our list, as well as a few smaller things that can be potted and put on the deck.  I put out more yarn bits yesterday.  I have seen several robins lately, and one woodpecker that was happy running around the tree beside the garage yesterday.  It's a little early for hummingbirds yet, I probably will not put a feeder out for a few weeks but we'll be watching for them anyway.
 
I also ran to Wallyworld this afternoon.  My tennis shoes were starting to get a little uncomfortable, they are Dr. Scholl's brand and weren't cheap and I was afraid that I was going to have to replace them.  But then I realized that they have removable insoles and that the gel pads were just worn out.  I bought some more Dr. Scholl's brand gel insoles and they feel much better now, soft and nearly as comfortable as they did when I bought them last summer.  Other than the insoles, the rest of the shoes are in decent shape and should last a lot longer - I've finally learned to buy better brands!  They are worth the extra $$.  I also bought foam pad insoles at the dollar store, but they are for my leather house shoes.  They have an attached foam insole which has gotten flattened out a bit but the suede is still in very good shape.
 
Otter's runnoft with J today.  He went to a local arcade and she met him up there.  She's been getting her cosplay stuff together and she needed a slightly large magnifying glass for the main character she'll be at TNT this summer.  It occurred to me that a bubble wand could be refurbished into what she needed, but when I was at the dollar store I found a plastic bug collection kit that is basically a large, plastic magnifying glass - the bug collection is in the clear handle.  I texted her a picture and she said it was what she needed so I grabbed one while I was there.
 
We've been cleaning out stuff.  Bill found 4 old boxes of household records, 1996 - 1999.  They mostly had things that could be gotten rid of, he's been keeping busy with the shredder this afternoon.  Anything like taxes are being kept, but I don't think we need receipts from when Otter was in daycare!  I think that there are probably still a few years of boxes stored around here somewhere, I'm sure he'll come across them soon.
 
Froggy, I got a little work done on your non-crochet "other thing" yesterday.  It's almost through, then I will get started on the crochet "stuff" again.
 
Speaking of crochet, which I frequently do, I started a lap blanket out of scrap yarn.  I think I already mentioned that.  It's going to take me a long time to complete, since I don't have a whole lot of scrap yarn at the moment.  I'm thinking I'm also going to make a couple of non-scrap yarn lap blankets while I'm at it.  I have quite a bit of the cream yarn left over from the afghan (I've decided it's finally big enough) and I might use some of it.
 
Movie review:  Frozen.  We were disappointed.  The animation was mostly good, but the story was basically the same story that Disney has told for years.  Except that it was worse this time.  And even though the animation was good, there were several glaring animation mistakes that Disney should have caught.
 
Next Sunday is Taco Night!  That means that next Monday (week from tomorrow) is Otter's 22nd birthday.  She's requested bacon, no surprise there.  Because her birthday is on a Monday, her birthday breakfast will actually be on Saturday.  She's off next Saturday, so that's why she's having it then.  Bacon and eggs for Bill and me, but Otter said that she'd be happy with bacon and bacon!  We usually only have it 3 times per year, her birthday is the first one.  Bill's birthday in June is the 2nd and then Christmas is the 3rd.

No comments: