Tuesday, July 08, 2014

I Guess it's Just Tuesday

Can't think of a title today! :)
 
Day 2 of being back at work.  I was caught up about 30 minutes after I got there, yesterday.  I didn't particularly want to get up at 5:00 yesterday morning, which is maybe why I woke up at 4:30!!
 
Otter's been working feverishly to get her cosplay ready for TNT.  She's just about through, she still has to actually sew the blouse together but that won't take too long.  She's been working on the felt items that will be attached to the skirt, she's been painting and gluing them and that means drying time so the sewing isn't quite as critical.  But she's going to get that done tomorrow when she gets home from work.
 
The most exciting part of my week so far is buying a new kitchen trash can, the old one dates to 1994 (when we moved into our old house).  Bill needed a bigger trash can for the pachinko workroom, so I gave him the old one from the kitchen about bought a new one that is slightly larger.  Really exciting, huh!?!
 
There was another wasp nest starting in the front.  Actually, I think it was smaller hornets but I didn't get close enough to find out for sure.  Bill wanted me to hose out the old trash can, but the nest was in the window right over the faucet so I told him he had to kill it if he wanted his trash can cleaned.  There were two on it yesterday when we first noticed it, today it was actually quite a bit bigger and there were 3 of the little demons.  He sprayed them, one died immediately (I squashed the body into about a billion flat pieces with my shoe) and the other two flew off but not were not flying very well, since they were sprayed pretty good.  Otter found two freshly dead demon bugs when she was outside while ago, so I think he got all 3.  Hopefully, there won't be any more!
 
We bought miniblinds to put in the living room window, pachinko room window and our bed room window.  The living room and bed room are in back of the house, but we've seen our neighbors behind us peeking over the fence but pretending not to.  So, miniblinds it is.  The pachinko room is in the front of the house so it's just a good idea to put one there as well.  I think Bill's going to put them in the windows in the next couple of days.
 
Yes, Froggy.  S.A.B.L.E. is the only way to go!

No comments: