Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Warm Wednesday

OK, it's not bad weather at all for this time of year.  It's warm, but it is not hot at all.  It is supposed to be like this the rest of the week.  A little on the cool side for this time of year, but it is really nice.
 
Yes, Froggy.  I do remember Mom taking us to the zoo many times.  But I don't remember the story about Uncle Buck's kiddo and the water.  Was that maybe before I showed up, or maybe I was too young to remember?  I know we went to the zoo with "the cousins" as we referred to them, many times.  I do remember the elephant rides, and also monkey island with all the monkeys and goats.  We also always went to Breckenridge Park after the zoo and rode the train.  The Tulsa Zoo has a train, but it is inside the zoo.  We usually ride it, but we were all hot & tired yesterday and didn't take a train ride.
 
Today's vacation fun was shopping.  Unsuccessfully, I might add.  I went to the booth store and the store you reminded me about, I saw a few things but nothing that really "talked" to me.  I think that Otter and I are going thrifting for a little while on Friday, and to at least one fabric store.  Yes, Froggy.  I will get the pattern and license plate for you!  There are actually several on the list you sent me that are in the general area of where I live or close enough.  Otter won't let me go to a fabric store without her.
 
I got two rows on Uncle Crazy's blanket this morning.  I was hoping to have more time to work on it this week, but not so far.  However, I don't think that anybody has anything planned tomorrow so maybe I can get in a crochet marathon.

I stopped at the liquor store this afternoon.  And taped to the front door are 4 pictures:  three of the same man and one of a woman.  And all of them are shoplifters, the pictures came straight from the security camera and there is a sign with the pictures:  "WE ARE WATCHING YOU" written on it in bold letters.  I talked the clerk, she said that they have been in several times and that the clerks all know them on sight now.  There is usually only one person working at a time there, she said that the pictures were taken when she was working and that she knew what they were doing - they were pretty bold about it, but that she was by herself and really was afraid to confront the man.  I told her she should grab her phone and dial 911 as soon as they come in the door the next time.  She hadn't thought about that, but I think she will do that if they come back again.  I don't blame her for not wanting to confront the man, but they really should have more than one person working at any one time.

Bill is watching a particular movie at the moment.  From 1975.  One with a very specific and well-known musical score that will still cause a chill to the blood:  JAWS.  The original one.  Being part of that generation, I remember seeing it in the theater right after it came out and being absolutely terrified - not of the ocean or swimming in it, it was just a very scary movie.  But it never kept me our of the ocean, and we used to go a couple of times per summer.  But I do remember the first summer the movie was out - when apparently a lot of other people did let it keep them off the beach!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you had already moved when that zoo trip happened.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I was thinking that the kid in question was on of Uncle Buck's kids, but it must have been one of his grandkids.

Anonymous said...

One of the kids was Kid3. I know she went into the water.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

For some reason, Blogger is not letting KN#3's comment go through, even though I told it to. So, I am posting it by copying it:

"Mom is talking about the time Buck took us and Alten and Alex. I think I was the one that fell off the curb because I remember Grandma was carrying me and we were all running. We got into Buck's RV safe though."