Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Zoo Tails

We went to the zoo today.  We took J with us.  We had a great time but my feet are tired!  But it was really fun.
 
Tulsa's got a new baby:  Seymour  He is really cute.  The otters were out of their enclosure today, which isn't always the case.  They were curled up at the base of a tree by their stream, snoozing.  But at least they were outside today!
 
Tulsa also has an animatronic dinosaur exhibit.  It was ok, but not the best one we've seen.
 
Froggy, you asked about the progress in the office/pachinko room.  All the furniture is now in place, the tarp is over the desk/filing cabinet work station and Bill's got the computer hooked up again.  There were two printers that he didn't use very often, they are now in the "donate" pile and I might take care of that tomorrow.  All that we are waiting on now is for Bill to finish the pachinko restoration he's working on at the moment and that should be this week.  Then, the last of the debris pachinko related junk clutter will be moved out of the living room.  And then the yarn will move in!
 
After the zoo today, we went to Hobby Lobby because both Otter and J needed items for their matched companion cosplay for TNT and J needed Otter's help in a couple of the components for his.  While they were wandering around the craft section, I was lost in the yarn aisles.  My stash increased by two skeins today, it's a very pretty light pink with metallic speckles.  I got the last of the office supplies out of the plastic drawers last night and my ReallyGoodReallyExpensive yarn that I got in TEXAS is in that drawer.  Along with the two pink skeins I got today!
 
We took J back to his house in a neighboring town, then we went by the booth store today to pay rent for July and collect for June's sales.  Then we went down the street to another craft/antique mall and we both found a few things.  I got a few more crocheted doilies for the curtain drape I'm going to eventually make.  Eventually being when I have enough, and it will take lots.  I also found two more yarn spools, but they aren't as big as the other two I got a few weeks back.  I did not get any more Fenton, but I did see a few pieces that are interesting.  Just not interesting enough to actually come home with me!
 
Yet, anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always go back and get the fenten. Do you remember all the times that we went to the Zoo with Mom? We went as kids and then we took our kids with her also. Sometimes Buck and his group went with us. One time Mom, Buck and kids went to the zoo and got caught in a horrible rain. When walking back to car the kids fell of the curb and got in the fast moving water in the street. I know Mom was scared but everybody came out fine.
We had so much fun at the zoo, we spent many hours there. Froggy

Anonymous said...

Mom is talking about the time Buck took us and Alten (Spelling?) and Alex. I think I was the one that fell off the curb because I remember Grandma was carrying me and we were all running. We got into Buck's RV safe tho. KN#3