Friday, July 18, 2014

Um OK, Friday?

Drawing a complete blank on a title today.

It's been an odd week.  It's July, but it's been in the 60's for a couple of days.  60's!!  Yesterday was rainy, today is cloudy and overcast but not rainy.  We were supposed to get rain a couple of days early this week, but it held off until yesterday.  But it was not the hard rain we were expecting.  We still need more, but at least we got some rain.

I've been fighting what I first thought was a sinus infection for a few days, but now I think it's "just" allergies.  I thought Wednesday morning that it was a migraine and I called in because my head hurt to bad but now I don't think it was.  However, I have had allergy issues and they've been enough that I thought I needed to get as much rest as I could.  I've gone in the last two days, but I didn't have a whole lot to do and I came home as soon as I got my daily stuff done.  Motrin, liquids and rest.  I really wish I could take allergy medication, but none of it works on me.

Otter just texted me (she's at work) to let me know that one of her ears is bothering her.  She said she put drops in it this morning, I guess she means Swim Ear drops, but she said it still feels funny.  I hope she is not dealing with an ear infection.  She hasn't been swimming but she might have gotten water in it in the shower.



No particular reason for the picture, I just thought it was cute.  Of course, the sofa table in the background is cluttered but it doesn't look like that anymore.


Just because it was cute.  Otter babies!


Yarn on the floor, and it must be dealt with immediately!


Froggy, I bet you agree with this one!  (But did we ever listen to Mom and do it her way at first?)
 
OK, that's enough for today.  Keep your fingers crossed that I do not have to run Otter up to the urgent care place about her ear tonight.  The fact that she's actually admitting to "discomfort" means that it's really bothering her, she is a very stoic young lady and it has to really be bothering her for her to even admit that much.  I think that comes from years and years of severe asthma spells and learning from a very young age how to deal with potentially life-threatening issues without panic!  Unfortunately, it also means that when she does have something that needs to be dealt with immediately, she doesn't always realize it!  Oh, yeah - she also learned over the years how to deal with serious stuff like blood and broken bones from having to deal with the Resident Engineer!  Froggy, I bet that KN#3 also learned a few lessons from Uncle Crazy and that might have had some bearing why she is a natural nurse!**
 
**KN#3 will be an official nurse with a degree to prove it in a few weeks.  We're very proud of her.

No comments: