Sunday, July 06, 2014

Last Day

We have to go back to work tomorrow.  Don't Want To!!!!!!!
 
We had several chores to accomplish this last week and I think we managed to get them done.  The living room is back to not-being-ashamed-to-have-anyone-see-it, Bill has a room with plenty of space to work on his pachinko machines (and I don't care how messy it gets in there!), Otter's just about finished with her cosplay clothing for TNT, we got to the zoo and we shopped/thrifted a lot.  It was nice to sleep in a bit.
 
The only drawback to Bill getting all his pachinko stuff out of the living room is that I now have access to my Fenton collection.  I can see it now.  I can also see how dusty it is!
 
Otter needed a few more felt pieces for her cosplay costume, so we went to Michael's this afternoon.  I found yarn.  Big surprise!  It is very pretty, a nice shade of blue with silver thread through it.  It was $5.99 per skein and was marked down to $1.99 each.  They are smaller skeins so I grabbed 5 of them.  Clearance generally means that I'd better get plenty when I see it, because it will probably not be available later.  When I got up to pay for it, they rang up at .99 cents each.  I thought that was a pretty good deal.  It's in one of the drawers, the one with the Really Good Yarn I got in TEXAS.
 
I went through the yarn drawers yesterday, I reorganized them all and cleaned out a few odds & ends to donate.  The drawers were actually in pretty good shape, I'm generally organized (OK, I'm obsessively organized...) but I wanted to look through my stash and see just what exactly I have on hand.  A lot more red and yellow than I thought!  I did find a few small balls and small amounts that I put in the project bag for the scrap blanket and a few small but not so small amounts which are now in the donate pile.  The yarn I'm donating is not anything I think I will ever need or want to use.
 
But I'm sure I'm still at S.A.B.L.E.* stage!
 
Since today is the last day of vacation, we went to lunch at a local Chinese buffet.  It was pretty good.  We ate too much, but I think you kind of have to at that type of place.  It was good.  They had cheesecake on the dessert buffet!
 
*Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy.  The only way to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My stash is definitely SABLE. I agree that is the only way to go.
Froggy