Monday, October 27, 2014

71 and 2,024 **(EDITED)

Bill got my email working again!  He had tried to reload Office and a couple of other things that were supposed to fix it but none of them worked.  He talked to the IT guys at work again today and they suggested a couple of things to reload Office since it hadn't worked before, he was able to reload it this afternoon and I can get my email again.  I had 71 to wade through!  Most of them were crochet related but there were a few "real" emails in there as well.
 
Otter saw the dentist this afternoon.  It's not a cavity.  She needs a root canal!  $2,024.00 is the probably cost for the root canal and crown.  It's one of the very front teeth and she has a slight infection in it as well, so she's on an antibiotic.  Specifically, penicillin.  I think she took it before and was not allergic but I'm not positive that she has actually taken it before.  The pharmacist told her what to look for in case of an allergy and he suggested we get some Benadryl so we got her some of that as well.  It will be done over 3 appointments, the first one is next Monday morning.  I'll probably pick her up on my way to work that morning, then after the appointment she'll either come back to work with me and crash out on one of the sofas we have, or she'll come back to our house.  She thinks she'll want to go back to the office with me.  We arranged a payment plan with the dentist, Otter will probably only have to pay for about half of it and we'll take care of the rest.  She really is trying to be an adult, but sometimes things happen that can't be predicted and she hasn't really had time to build up much of an emergency fund so we're going to help her with it.  This is a new dentist, she liked him.  She gave him the "redhead lesson" and he seemed to listen.  She and Roomie are coming over here tomorrow afternoon for the brakes in Roomie's car to be fixed, I'm going to get her some yogurt and bring it home for her to take back with her.  She decided to wait until tomorrow morning to start the penicillin since Roomie had to work this evening, in case she has a reaction.  I don't think she'll have any problems with it.  **EDIT:  I forgot to mention that there were yogurt coupons in the paper insert last week.  Guess I shouldn't have been surprised!
 
The dentist and the assistant did insist that she can't be 22!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything working again.
Good luck Otter
Froggy