Sunday, October 19, 2014

Gone to Sleep **EDITED**

**EDIT:  (My email is temporarily not working.  It worked fine, but then Windows did one of it's unneeded updates yesterday and now my email isn't working.  We are trying to fix it, but so far none of the fixes have worked.  I'm so tired of people who don't even know me thinking that they know what is best for me!)



My "Mom Ears" have gone to sleep.  After 22+ years of listening in my sleep for Otter, I've realized that the Mom Ears have quit listening.  I realized this a few days ago, after waking up several morning in a row without waking up in the night and not waking early when she had to be in to work early.  I'm sure that they are simply resting, if grandchildren are ever in the picture for us I think the Mom Ears will wake up.  Along with the Eyes in the Back of My Head that all moms seem to develop upon the birth of their children.  :)
 
We didn't actually make it to church today.  We had planned to, but Otter called me yesterday before she went to work because she was concerned about a specific tire that was low (we've been watching it).  She went to get air in it, but the pump wasn't working right and she thought she actually caused the tire to lose air.  So I took her my car and got the one she'd been driving, the 02 Impala that she and Bill share.  The car is about to need new tires and we will put them on it when it officially becomes her car, unless we have to do it sooner.  I took the car to another air pump and thought it took some air, but the gauge told me it was lower still.  So, I drove it on home and Bill said he'd check it this morning - he was fighting off a mild case of the stomach bug that I shared with him so he wasn't really inclined to mess with the car yesterday.  We decided against church in case the tire was bad and actually got flat, since Bill didn't have enough time to check it before we would have had to leave anyway.  Bill did check the tire later on and it seemed to be holding air.  However, he thinks the tire gauge is broken!!!  He fired up the compressor and put a little air in it, along with the other three tires.
 
Otter brought my car back this morning, along with her laundry.  She went through about 4 boxes.  She repacked them into less boxes, and some stuff is to be donated as well as some that could be thrown away.  Then she and I went to a thrift store while her laundry was in the machine.  She found a cute dress, a couple of large t-shirts to sleep in and a lace poncho-type shawl.  I found a sweater I really need.  We also ran into a friend of hers at the thrift store that she hadn't seen in a while.  After we got back, the last of her laundry was ready for the dryer.  I took her home after it was done, along with two boxes of stuff and some of my drinking glasses that I don't need any longer.  And her laundry!
 
I started on the lap blanket she wanted yesterday.  I bought 4 skeins of yarn for it, but I was thinking I wanted to get one more.  Which I was going to do yesterday, but I never quite got there when she called me about the car tire - I was looking at yard sales (no luck) and had been to the booth store with my next planned stop being Hobby Lobby for the yarn.  But after I looked at how much yarn I've already used for the size it's at, I think I actually need to get two more skeins.  It's a fall color and the winter colors will be out soon, so I need to get it as soon as I can.  Probably tomorrow.
 
Bill got the grill out this afternoon.  We had steaks tonight along with baked potatos.  We have barbecued chicken and fajita chicken for the next couple of night's dinners.  The dogs were very interested in what we were having for dinner, they sat where they could see us and stared at us the entire time we were eating.  They each got a small bite of steak, and they were happy with it.


They are easily entertained, and food is always a fun thing!  But their favorite activity? NAPS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like Toadles, Froggy