Thursday, October 30, 2014

It's a Sweet Day!!!

It's Candy Corn Day!!!!!


I think that people either love candy corn, or hate it.  I don't think that there is much of a middle ground.  I happen to like it, but I hardly ever eat it and only in small doses!
 
Froggy, I don't know what blogger's problem is.  I have checked several times and it is set for not having the word verification on commenting.  I've redone it several times and it still shows that it's not on there, but then I had Otter check it from her computer and it still showed that the word verification was necessary so I'm thinking that blogger might have just started putting it on all blogs.
 
We are supposed to get our first freeze Saturday morning.  And it's a hard freeze.  It is supposed to be in the mid- to high-20's early Saturday morning.  I plucked all the available jalepenos off Otter's two plants yesterday and brought in the three plants that were outside.  One of them was my begonia, it gets brought inside every Fall and by the time Spring rolls around it looks pretty scraggily!  But then it goes back out for the Spring and Summer, and usually turns into a mass of pink blossoms.  It did wonderfully this summer.  The other two plants are the mint and rosemary that were Otter's.  She gave them to me, she wanted the rosemary but it is in the strawberry pot that Bill gave me a few years ago so I told her I'll get her one next Spring.  Besides, it would need to be brought inside anyway and she doesn't really have a place for it that would get enough light inside.  Her patio faces west and gets good sun in the afternoon, so she is planning on a few plants next year.
 
Otter brought the car back this afternoon and got her laundry done while she was here.  She also ran the dishwasher for me.  When she and Roomie were here the other day, they washed the dog's blankets for me.  I took her home and we stopped at Walgreen's because she was out of Claritan.  I tried to get her some at lunch, but the Walgreen's I went to was out of the kind she uses.  The pharmacist said that it's very popular this time of year.  Well, if it does freeze it might just be enough to take out the ragweed!
 
Speaking of cars, I took mine to Chevy this morning.  For the oil change and the recall.  And I left almost immediately, WITH my car.  The service manager was helping someone else and one of the "guys" came over to me.  And then he told me that I had to have both keys with me because the part that is actually fixed is apparently the part that holds the key in place and they can't fix the ignition with one key?  Then he said that they could only fix the key I had on me, but that the other key couldn't be fixed later.  I thought it was the ignition and not the key itself?  AND he told me that the only keys they can fix are official Chevy keys.  AND that if it doesn't have a specific type of black plastic covering, it's not an official Chevy key.  Even though the keys that came with the car ARE official Chevy keys and only one of them has the plastic covering - the 2nd one is a slightly different shape but it is still an official Chevy key.  However, that meant that the 02 Impala key (which Bill has and it is also an official Chevy key) won't be fixed because it doesn't have the black stuff on it.  The other key to the 02 is the one I had, which might have had the plastic on it but it was NOT chipped although the guy tried to claim that it was (not in that model year) and the fact that I had to get new keys because the first key I had was basically smooth and wouldn't work - which means that we are S.O.L. as far as the 02 goes.  And apparently Bill's key to the 08 won't be fixed either.  I told them that I would bring the car and keys back later for the recall and get the oil change then - except that I an NEVER going back to this dealer.  I called the service manager after I left and left him a message to confirm what I'd been told.  He called me right back and first told me that the guy told me right, then he tried to back up a bit.  And then he told me that tomorrow is his last day, he's going to work for another auto repair shop and that it will mean he'll have to deal with less stress - and I think he knew a few months back that he was going to leave Chevy, and that it coincides with exactly when he suddenly stopped caring about his customers.  As far as the key issue, we're firmly convinced that Chevy is trying to same themselves a few bucks because the recalls have cost them plenty.  I am going to get at least my car/key recall taken care of and it has to be at a Chevy shop.  But it doesn't have to be the one I've been dealing with.  After that, I'm not sure what we're going to do when work is needed.  It will probably still be a Chevy shop.  Just not the one in Tulsa that is now on *RHTW's list.
 
Tomorrow is Halloween.  That means that it's also 50-cent corndog day at Sonic.  Bill's already placed his order!  I'm Otter's transportation to/from work tomorrow, I told her that I'll spring for dinner for her as well.  She immediately took me up on that offer!  She'll get the car tomorrow after that so she can get herself to work early on Saturday.  I'm thinking I'll let her take mine, it has the remote start to warm up the heater and she'll certainly need it Saturday morning!
 
I bought filters for the humidifiers today.  We'll use the fan tonight, but then the humidifiers will be up and running tomorrow night.  I don't think it's really going to be cold enough or cold long enough for a fire Saturday morning.  But it will at least be blanket weather!
 
Blankets mean beagles, and I'm sure that Saturday will be no exception.  The beagle will be ready at a moment's notice!
 
*RHTW:  Just run.  Fast!

No comments: