Thursday, October 16, 2014

Squids and Sloths and Stalk-Eyed Flies

No particular meaning to the title, other than the fact that we're watching something about "misfit" animals and how they survive.  Specific species, not just animals that don't quite fit their type!  At the moment, it's talking about Nautilus and how they manage to survive (for millions of years) when they pretty much always swim backwards!
 
I know the feeling, some days. :)
 
Maggie Moo seems to be fine, she's very playful and bouncy.  She very much wanted me to play with her, so we had a session of Chase the Beagle, then she got her tennis balls and we played fetch for a while.  Then Frasier decided to get in on the game and they had Puppy War for a few minutes.  When he got tired, he turned it into a grooming session and she was quite content.
 
I went by Otter's apartment this afternoon.  She wasn't feeling the best, she had tummy troubles, and she wanted rice.  Only problem is that she didn't have any on hand, so I went by Wally and got some to take to her.  She knows how to make rice, but she's always used my gas stove to cook it so I cooked it for her and showed her a few tricks to using an electric stove.  She's cooked some on her electric stove, but she wasn't sure about timing the heat increase/decrease on an electric stove with rice.  I also took her some bananas, gatorade and a half-gallon of milk.  She was feeling better and was going to take it easy for the rest of the day.  She did work today, her boss noticed that she wasn't feeling too good so he told her to leave a little early.  She should be able to go in tomorrow for her shift.  Even though she wasn't feeling 100%, we had a nice visit and I enjoyed getting to see her.  Roomie was at work when I was there, so I didn't see her this time.
 
It was 46 degrees yesterday morning!  This morning was slightly warmer but not by much.  The days have been 70's to low 80's, but Winter is very obviously on it's way.  I've been restocking our Winter storm supplies, since it's just the two of us now I'm cut down the amount a bit.  Otter will have her own stock, she and Roomie are both familiar with the need for it.  Bill thinks we probably have enough firewood, so we most likely won't get any more.  At least, not at this point.
 
And, since I never need an excuse for Trek!


(Actually, it's not around the corner any longer.  It's already here!)



The RedShirt prayer.  Very appropriate, but Scotty is the Immune RedShirt!


I just liked this one.  But the word Squirrel should probably be changed to Tribbles!

No comments: