Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Last Warm Day of The Fall?

It was around 90 today, the forecasters are saying that this is the last day of the warm weather for the season.  We'll see, they don't have a good track record!
 
Otter got the car tonight.  I picked her up at her apartment after work, she brought me 3 boxes that she emptied.  We're going to get her closet and craft desk emptied up, then the boxes will probably be stacked back in the closet.  Hopefully, some of the boxes that are stacked in that room as well.  She might need to go through them first, though.  Anyway, I told her I'd make her a pitcher of iced tea but that she'd need to bring one of her pitchers since I seem to be down to one now - I used to have several, but they have vanished over the years and I'm down to one.  She will probably be able to make sun tea on her patio, it faces the west and she will get good afternoon sun.  She might need to start with slightly warm water but I think it will work.
 
Maggie was happy to see Otter, but she wasn't as crazed as she was at first.  I think she's beginning to realize that Otter doesn't live here anymore, but that she'll still visit like other people do who are in what the beagle views as family - such as Grandpa and Sweetie.  It took a little while, but I think Maggie is realizing that she's now my dog and Otter is her friend who comes over to see her sometimes.  Frasier was happy to see Otter, too.
 
She called me after she got home.  She wanted to tell me about another Texas Longhorn Sticker moment, as well as letting me know that the tea made it home intact and not running all over the car.  She said that a car was not exactly tailgating her, but she was afraid he was about to start.  Then he pulled around her and was waving as hard as he could to get her attention, so she looked over just in case it was someone trying to alert her to car trouble.  They were at a stoplight by that point.  He was trying to get her attention, all right.  So he could wave his TEXAS Longhorns cap at her!  She gave him the Horn wave and he waved it right back at her, obviously happy to be among others of his (our) kind.  We tend to congregate together, especially at this time of year.  I was tailgated one time today, and since the other driver changed lanes just to get behind me it was pretty obvious.  He didn't get the reaction he obviously wanted, and he eventually changed lanes again but he didn't go past me because he was only tailgating me for one reason.
 
We had chicken salad for dinner tonight.  I bought a rotisserie chicken at Wallyworld last night with the idea of turning it into salad tonight.  It was buttery garlic flavored and really good as salad sandwiches.  Bill likes chicken salad, although it's probably not his favorite meal.  But he really must have liked it tonight, because I noticed the he was going back for seconds.  It was pretty good.  I don't like a whole lot of stuff in my chicken salad.  I use mayo (not a lot), a little bit of olive oil, a small amount of chopped (dill) pickles, onion and celery, a small sprinkling of garlic powder and parsley and sometimes a chopped tomato.  I also like cranberries in mine, but Bill doesn't so they get added on mine as I put my sandwich together.  I don't like chicken salad when it's dripping mayo and it's usually over salted.  Same thing with tuna salad, although I might use a little more mayo in it.  But not much!  Although tuna salad does generally get lots of pickles.
 
But only dill pickles.  Sweet pickles are disgusting!  Of course, Bill disagrees with me.  So I buy him a small jar of sweet pickles every so often and he's happy.  Just don't expect me to eat any of them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad she made it home with the tea. Don't like chicken salad, which makes sense since I am a vegetarian. Froggy