Sunday, October 26, 2014

Not Yet.

My email issues are still not fixed.  Not for lack of trying, but it's still not working.  Bill tried a couple of things the IT guys at work told him about, one of them gave him a cd with the program to reload - only the cd didn't have the right program on it.  So, he tried downloading it from Windows - two or three times, and it still won't work.  I think it's time to get someone to fix it for us, but Bill's a typical Engineer.  That means that he doesn't trust anyone else to do it right!
 
Mans smart, but sometimes...
My migraine spell finally ended.  But it took a while.  I woke up Friday with a slight headache still but it got worse as I got more active.  I left work about 11:00, the original plan was that I was going to get Otter at her apartment after work and she was going to bring me home so she could have the car for the weekend since she was scheduled to work both days.  I went ahead and picked her up when I left work, she had a slight headache and wasn't feeling the best.  We stopped at the post office so she could run in for me, but as soon as she started to open the car door she was suddenly hit with a strong wave of nausea and her headache got worse quickly.  Which could have been a migraine, that's sometimes how hers start.  I took her back home to her apartment, then I came home (with her dirty laundry) and parked myself on the couch.  I did go ahead and do her laundry, the original plan included her getting it done after I brought her back home with me.
 
Saturday morning, I woke up feeling pretty good.  After breakfast, I was going to check the booth and then go get Otter to take her to work.  She wanted to go to the booth with me and felt better, but she had a slight stiff neck from the way she slept.  We went to the booth then I took her to work, I picked her up when she got off work.  She stayed at the house for a while, she hadn't gotten to see her dad in a few days.  Then she headed back to her apartment.  She was going to take her/Bill's impala, but we never got the tire checked so I let her take my car.
 
She was going to bring it back this afternoon, she was scheduled to get off work at 5:00 (it's 2:00 p.m. now) but she texted me about 9:30 (she went in at 9:00) to tell me that she was feeling really bad and wasn't sure she would make the day. Bill needed something from her store, so we headed up there about 10:30.  She was working the cash register and I could tell just by looking at her that she was feeling awful.  Bill got what he needed and headed home, I stayed so I could take Otter home - she was waiting for the next cashier to come in at 11:00.  She felt like she might have a little fever and she was very pale.  I dropped her at her apartment, but first we stopped at Walgreen's so I could get her a thermometer.  She also wanted Gatorade and I got her a couple of sprites.  About this time, Roomie texted Otter to let her know that she was also sick.  Otter has a spot that might be a cavity, her dentist appointment is tomorrow at 4:00 but that might have to be rescheduled.  She's going to let me know how she feels in the morning.  She was already scheduled for Monday and Tuesday as her days off for the week.
 
Otter had a little more laundry in the car, she was going to wash it when she brought the car back this afternoon so I went ahead and tossed it in with mine.
 
I stopped at Subway and got lunch for us, today is the final Sunday of the month and we usually do something fun.  But there was so much else going on, including Bill still working on my computer, that I decided I'd just bring lunch home and we'd consider that our Last Sunday fun stuff.
 
Bill's going to talk to the IT guy at work again tomorrow, hopefully then he'll be able to fix whatever the issue is that the last Windows update broke!

No comments: