Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Apparently, it wasn't just an allergy!

What Otter was dealing with last week was more than just an allergy. It was more like a cold. I know this for a fact because now I've come down with it. I started feeling a tickle in my throat last night, then I was stuffy all night long. I woke up with a sore throat, and I have been blowing my nose every few seconds. I went in to work, did a few things and was caught up by 9:00 (caught up from being off Friday when Otter was home, it's not a busy office), and then I gave in and came home. I had to stop at the store because we ran out of milk this morning. So I ran in and out as fast as I could, then I came home. And I've been sneezing my head off for the last 30 minutes or so. The dogs are glad I'm home, but that might just be because they can now have access to the house and I opened their gate so they can run around the entire yard. But I prefer to think that they are just happy to get to spend some time with me! :)

Otter is back at school today, she's still a little congested but she's doing pretty good. I was really afraid that it might be pushing it with the zoo yesterday, but she is just about recovered. Except for having to blow her nose frequently, but that's typical with any type of cold-type bug. However, Bill was also a little stuffy this morning, we don't want him to get sick. He's not a good patient!

I'm going to go make myself some hot tea now. With plenty of honey! And then I think I'll lie down on the couch for a while. I might add to this later so check back this evening.

No comments: