Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Waterworks Tuesday

As I type this, I am listening to my washing machine. I'm listening to see if it sounds normal. In a little while, I'm going to go into the laundry room and see if all the water stayed inside the machine. Unlike this morning, when it didn't! I was washing a very heavy bedspread which fills up the machine and doesn't rest evenly, so it's possible that the water splashed out as it bounced off of the blanket. The blanket did feel a little wetter than I expected it to, when I took it out and put it in the dryer. So it's also possible that the small amount of water that was on the floor was what dripped off of the blanket as it was loaded into the dryer. Probably not, but it's a possibility.

We're also waiting on a new part for the dishwasher. Because it is also having a problem with water staying insde. It isn't a big leak, and in the case of the dishwasher it's the seal or gasket that the door fits against. We ordered a part online and then it turned out to be out of stock. So Bill found another place online and ordered it through them - Sears, in this case. We have had a problem finding parts for the dishwasher locally. It was in the house when we bought it, but it's not that old. I remember when Darlene bought it, and it's not what I would consider to be old.

Both doggies are on the floor beside me. Frasier is grooming Maggie. Maggie was mad at him earlier, when I got home and let them in they started their usual play session. At one point, Frasier must have bit Maggie. Because she shrieked, loud and long. Then she pounced on him, and she was angry! But she got over it fast, because they were back to chasing each other very soon. They really are like a couple of kids at times. Lots of times, actually.

We don't have anything on eBay at the moment. We have a few more things to list, but we are going to wait a few days. With the economic troubles of the last few days, and the bailout failure, I don't see people buying a lot of things unless they are necessities. We don't have much to sell, but there are some overhead projectors that we'd like to get rid of. eBay has changed their payment policy. Starting in late October, they will not allow sellers to accept checks or money orders. It will have to be PayPal, which is the credit card company that eBay owns. And since they own it, they also get a cut of the fees associated with using it. On top of the fee they get for sellers listing items and the final value (sales commission) fee. I think that eBay is well on it's way to becoming a monopoly. We have been unhappy with eBay for quite a while, they have been slowly changing policies and when they get finished the sellers will have very few rights. They've already changed the feedback system. Sellers can ONLY leave positive (good) feedbacks. However, buyers can leave negative (bad) feedback without any problem. That is just one example of how messed up eBay has gotten, and is continuing to get!
The washing machine does not seem to be leaking! Wonderful! We already have enough to deal with, so I'm happy.
I will probably post the book list tomorrow, I just realized that today is the last day of September. I think I've read about 20 books, but I'm not exactly sure. There are a lot of biographies on my list this time. Otter needed a book for a school assignment and it was on the shelf that was in the biography section. So while she was looking for her book, I found a bunch myself.
No word from Virginia. I didn't expect to hear from her today anyway. She was off work for the hearing, I called her office shortly before 5:00 and they had not had any word from her either. I might not hear anything before I get home tomorrow, and then it will be email. In case it didn't go well today, I don't want to call her and upset her. With Virginia, it's best to let her contact me. However, if I don't hear from her by tomorrow afternoon I will go ahead and call her.
I guess I should go give Otter a hand unloading the dishwasher. Then I think she wants to make jello. There's always room for jello!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have to replace your washer, I suggest you get a front loading one. They do use less water and my clothes get a lot cleaner. They do have one drawback. You have to leave the door open until they dry out or they can get a musty smell. I love mine. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Well, there is no sign of a leak now. I've run it twice since I saw the water and so far so good.