Thursday, September 18, 2008

Some Thursday Rambles

This was meant to be a Wednesday Rambles, but our internet service was down yesterday. It was a widespread problem, but eventually Windstream got it fixed. I'm not sure what the problem was, but it affected a lot of people.

Read this: http://www.newsweek.com/id/159233 It explains a lot I didn't realize about migraines. And it makes perfect sense. Anyone who has them will find it very interesting.

Otter had a driving lesson yesterday. She drove us to the library. She did pretty good. Then I drove from the library to the grocery store, and she drove from the grocery store until we were nearly home. We had a change on drivers towards the end of the drive. There was a police man that was about to turn out of a street we went past. He was aimed to turn right. But then when Otter drove us past, he suddenly turned left. Which put him right behind us. And he stayed that way. For a very long time. He wasn't exactly tailgating, but he was close! It made her pretty nervous, but she handled it well and didn't really make any mistakes. I had her take us down a pretty curvy road and she kept the car between the lines and on the road so I think she did pretty good. But when we got to a certain point, I had her turn into a place and I took over from there. If the cop had stopped us, I would have asked him for specifics on why and then I would have informed him that she was learning and she would have shown him her permit. I don't know if he was trying to make her do something, or if he was following because it was obviously a teenage driver. But he was definitely following us, and not just going the same way. But he was dissapointed, if he was hoping she'd goof up!

New Baby! Otter's newest cousin was born today, Caleb James. He's healthy and mom is fine, but I forgot to ask the important question: what color hair? His older sister has a head full of red hair, and there are quite a few other redheads in the family. His parents are Bill's sister's daughter and her husband. Bill is getting old, if his YOUNGER sister is now a grandmother of 2!
I'm not positive, but the hummingbirds may have moved on. I haven't seen any for a few days. I'll leave the feeders up for a while, at least some of them for any southward bound birds that need a snack on the way.
I guess we'd better start looking for tulip bulbs soon, since we should be planting them in about 6 weeks. More or less, depending on the weather. And around that same time I'll be moving more iris bulbs.
I think that's it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The migraine info was good. My triggers are allergy related, mostly flowers and perfumes.

My hummers have flown away also.

I bought 100 tulips bulbs at Sams the other day and have put them in the frig. We have a small frig in the garage, for some reason my family doesn't like plant stuff in the frig. I will plant them in a few weeks.
Froggy

Anonymous said...

just to let you know Kaleb is starting to get strawberry blonde hair just like Maddie... but thats how she started too... so i am thinking i will have two red headed babies!

j