Sunday, September 28, 2008

If Thursday if Baby Friday, Then What is Sunday?

Baby Monday? Stands to reason, doesn't it?

I need to make a quick correction. Virginia and David's hearing for the custody of their grandchildren is TUESDAY, not Monday! Prayers are always needed, whatever day.

Today is Fall Housecleaning Day. Otter hates it when I have cleaning fits. I don't feel a bit sorry for her. She's been working in her room and is now going through some of her books. She has enough to stretch from here to the moon and back. Several times. But she occasionally does go through them and when she has some she doesn't want, we take them to a local book store where she has an account set up. She gives them the books, they give her a store credit and then she goes shopping for replacements. The book store donates to a local senior center's book sale, and Otter sends any books that the store isn't interested in to be donated. It's a win-win situation for everybody.

Our multi-legged friend the spider has apparently forgiven me for walking through his web the other day. Because he's been back several times, in the same space. He's actually a pretty smart bug, he builds his webs in front of the back window and since there is light on inside the window the bugs fly towards the light. Right into the web. We watched him yesterday, working on the web. I love to watch spiders, they are so neat. And this one is apparently a very sucessful hunter, judging by the number of neatly wrapped dead bugs we see him carrying off. We try to avoid destroying the web when we walk out the back door in the mornings.
Froggy asked me a few questions regarding my last blog entry. I'm going to expand on some of them a little bit. Starting with my bike. It's not dangerous. But it is getting to be very annoying. I am most likely going to replace it, but not right now. This would probably be the best time, stores start clearing out their summer stuff now to bring in winter things. But it's not in budget right now, so next spring is when I'll worry about that. Unless I find a super deal somewhere, but I'm not really looking. I think we paid about $10.00 for it at a yard sale, actually I think we only paid about $5.00 for it. Years before we moved, which was over 4 years ago. It was used when we bought it and I've gotten a lot of use out of it. I just need a newer one now.
Let's see, what was next? Oh yeah - Otter and karate. Froggy asked me if maybe it was something in the gym that is causing the problem. Quick answer: No. Otter's asthma is coming out of remission a bit, and it's changing. Which is a normal pattern. Her asthma seems to be following the same pattern as mine. This is something that has been a concern for months, it's not new. We just haven't mentioned anything about it because we weren't sure what we were going to do. She's going to attempt to go tomorrow and possibly Wednesday. But I think we're going to have to make the decision fairly quickly. I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but I've already talked to the lady in charge at the gym and she said that they would keep Otter's membership open, since she's come so far. And it's possible that she might be able to go back to it later, when she's a little older. We are going to discuss it more this week and probably decide soon.
Froggy, you reminded me about the beanie baby hummingbird. We are still looking. We just haven't been anywhere lately. It was actually something we discussed the morning I posted the blog entry, before you asked about it. Great minds think alike, huh? Or they run in the same gutter maybe. But we did realize that we have hardly found anything at thrift stores since you left. So you need to come back and go shopping with us again! We might possibly go to a thrift store later on, Otter needs some driving practice and that would give us a fun destination.
Politics maybe next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that asthma may come back about Otter's age. Sometimes it stays and sometimes it leaves. Lets hope hers goes away soon.
I would love to come back and go shopping again, but the budget says no at the moment.
You might find a bike at the goodwill store or even a thrift store and there are always garage sales. Bikes are usually on sale around Christmas time.
Did I tell you that I joined a quilting club? Froggy