Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Morning Bored! **And a Later Update!

I'm bored. Probably pretty obvious from the title, huh?!

Anyway. Back to being bored. We kind of forgot about church this morning. Actually, we didn't forget about it. But we did forget to watch the clock. And by the time we realized that nobody knew what time it was, it was too late. So I rearranged my Sunday plans a bit. What there were of them, we didn't have a big day planned anyway. Otter wants to get some driving practice in today and she wants to go to a thrift store. So we'll do those a little later on. And maybe go to Michael's. That was the extent of our afternoon plans to start with. I'm just not dealing well with nothing to do between now and then! I did get a loaf of bread started and I started a pot of soup in the crockpot last night, too. But my jeans are in the dryer so I have to wait on them, otherwise we'd probably be out getting driving practice in.

We didn't get much weather yesterday. We were supposed to get quite a bit of wind and rain, courtesy of Hurricane Ike. We did get a breeze, but not very bad. I haven't checked to see how much rain we actually got, but even with the fact that it rained quite a bit last night I don't really think we got the 10" forecast! Bill did have to go out in the rain last night - at about 9:30 we were hearing too much rain right outside the office window and Bill thought he'd better check the rain gutter. Which turned out to be overflowing due to a good sized twig with leaves clogging it. If the rain gutters get stopped up and overflow, they can tear loose from the house. So he had to climb the ladder in the rain and clean it out. But he managed to not get injured and he didn't even get all that wet.

I put a bucket and my watering can out on the deck yesterday afternoon, then I used the rainwater they collected to water my inside plants this morning. I was going to get my rain barrel cleaned out today but I don't think I'm going to be be able to. Even though it's to collect water, it needs to be able to dry out after I clean it. So it's going to wait a few days. But I want to get it ready and working as soon as I can.

We have a fly problem. We have had anywhere from 3 to about 6 in the house for the last several days. We keep killing them, but either they are zombies or reincarnated! Except that for every one we get rid of, two more show up. It's getting really frustrating. Maggie is at least happy, she gets to stalk them and sometimes she actually catches them. Then she plays with them until they stop moving. Then sometimes she eats them. Frasier has no interest in them, but Mags is quite the little bug hunter.

Frasier had his own little drama Friday afternoon. Maggie came running in to get me, so I thought maybe he'd gotten out. She led me to the living room, and right to him - he was in the living room, and his head was down a bit. I looked at him and he had what I thought was mud all over his nose. Then I noticed it was dripping. Because it was blood, not mud. At first we thought it was fang marks, like from a snake. So I looked outside, and didn't see anything. He let me wash his nose off with a damp cloth, and we think he caught his nose on something and scratched it up. Possibly a jagged piece on the fence, where the neighbors dogs have broken through in small places. I also had to go clean off the flap on one of the dog doors, since he noses the door to open it and it was also bloody. He quit bleeding pretty fast and we just kept on eye on him but he's ok. However, since he was already laying down in the floor so I could check his nose I also got the claw trimmer and got both of his dewclaws. He's pretty good, when I have to do anything to him he will lie down and be reasonably still. So I took advantage of it! He did not like it, but he let me trim the dewclaws without a lot of arguing with me. His nose is healed up now, I only can tell that it was ever scratched because I know where to look. He's back to being my lazy Frazy now. My big, spoiled, furry baby.
Froggy & Toadly, tomorrow would have been Dad's birthday. I have my peanut M&M's in the freezer, we'll eat them tomorrow. Got yours yet?
Here's that later update I mentioned in the title: She's her father's daughter. That is probably enough to figure out what I'm getting at! However, no bones were broken this time - although it did involve a trip to the ER. More about that in another post.

No comments: