Monday, September 01, 2008

Guess Where We Went Today!

We went here:



In my August book list, I mentioned a book about the Tulsa Zoo Penquins. These are the penguins:



We saw lots of these:



And two of these:


We didn't seen any of these, they were all in their burrows:



We saw two of these:




We didn't see these: (They were probably sleeping inside their dens, they sleep about 90% of the time).


We saw several of these:

Also bears, plenty of snakes, alligators, assorted birds, penguins, the alligator snapping turtle and he was actually moving, deer, geese, swans, tortoises, chimpanzees (there are two babies!) and about a billion people.

I got all these pictures off of Google, they are supposed to all be from the Tulsa Zoo but I'm not too sure about the otters. We took one of Otter's good friends with us and it was a very enjoyable day. It was a fun day, warm and sunny and my feet hurt. But they have been sore ever since I spent nearly all day yesterday cleaning my house! (And spending quite a bit of time unclogging the vacuum, but Frasier doesn't want to discuss that so I'm not going there).
I've sneezed several times and so has my Otter but she's better. My allergies started acting up last night, and Bill has also been sneezy. But it's the time of year for that to happen. Good thing I bought a bunch of kleenex when Walgreen's had them on sale recently!
While we were gone, Bill transplanted a volunteer maple that came up by the shed. Hopefully, it will survive. When we got home, he got busy cleaning out the garage. Not totally, but I now have a path to get from the door to the door of the kitchen. No more having to drag groceries through the front door now! I had to replace the battery in my door opener, I haven't used it in so long that the battery quit. But since I couldn't get more than literally about 2" inside the garage because of all the junk piled in there, I didn't worry about the battery so I never replaced it.
We didn't plan on anything specific for Labor Day, so I got the Foreman grill out and we had hamburgers. I got some potato salad at the grocery store yesterday, and a frozen ready-to-bake apple pie. I made the pie last night and we sampled it, but there is plenty left which we'll probably get into very shortly. It won't last long around my house! I know, Froggy - I should make my own instead of buying a cheater! But it was still good. Besides, you are the pie cook in the family. I make pecan pie from scratch, but since we are not big pie eaters I don't have a lot of experience in it!
The pie is calling me now. I'd better go answer it. Wouldn't want it to get lonely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anyone (even you) can bake an apple pie. Glad that you enjoyed the zoo.

Froggy