Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bonnets, Frogs and Maple Trees

Extreme close-up! They smell heavenly. I tried rotating the picture, but it looked worse so I just left it sideways.



This is the first one, the one that came up in the whiskey barrel.



Both of them are loaded with buds & blooms.


This is the one we transplanted. It's doing great. They both are. The pictures were taken this afternoon.
We mowed the lawn this afternoon. It's a little on the wet side, but we are supposed to get rain the rest of the week so we wanted to get it done while we had a chance. There are 3 or 4 plants that I suspect are sunflowers. They are where the iris plants are, behind the house and one is by the trellis.
There are also quite a few frogs. They are the other reason it took us a while to mow, we had to wait for them to move! One of them is absolutely huge, and is probably the bullfrog we've been hearing lately. I hope he finds a lady frog! I'm afraid we are in for it as far as mosquitos go this summer, so the more frogs the better.
While we were mowing, Bill also cleaned out the rain gutters. He suspected that the one leading to the rain barrel was clogged, and he was right. There were little maple trees growing in a couple of places in the gutters. They are gone now!
And on that note, I'm going to go take a shower. I'm sweaty and itchy. The downside of pulling weeds around my hosta plants is that my many skin allergies are now all reacting. But my hostas look wonderful!

No comments: