Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Surprise!

The first surprise was Maggie's, last night. She came running in to get me, as fast as those little legs would carry her fat body. It was obvious she wanted me to follow her. I had a pretty good idea as to just where she was going to lead me, and I was right. Straight to Otter's room! She "showed" me this strange thing that suddenly appeared on a low table on the other side of Otter's bed. She was very curious about it, then she couldn't seem to understand why that strange thing suddenly got relocated to the top of Otter's chest of drawers! (Because the little, furry things inside of it are not Scooby Snacks!).

The other surprise was mine and Otter's, this afternoon. We found another bluebonnet! This one was several inches away from where the naturalized ones were last year, outside of the whiskey barrel and on the verge of blooming. Bill was about to start mowing the front yard, I told him that if he mowed it then I was going to kick his behind all the way to Texas. Otter said she'd help! We got the shovel and I dug it up, it's been relocated to the whiskey barrel. I hope I didn't kill it, I dug as deep as I could but it was in a "nest" of tree roots. Otter watered it and time will tell. It was wilting, but that is normal when plants get moved. I wish I had seen it when it was smaller, we did look but it was a lot farther than last year's were. I'll get pictures in the next couple of days, as soon as I'm sure it's going to survive.
Otter was surprised at 3:00 a.m. today, by the sound of hamsters running in their wheel. The wheel is actually outside of the cage, the cage is similar to the Habitrail cages with plastic tubes they can climb through and they have to go up a slide and through a small tube to get to the wheel. They seemed to be having a good time in it, when I saw them this morning. We went to Petsmart this afternoon. Otter forgot to get them a house yesterday, animals like that need some place they can snuggle up to sleep in. She got a wooden house that they can chew. They were very curious about it, they were all over it but then they decided that they would rather crawl up the tubes for a while. That's when I noticed that they moved a lot of their bedding material up to the wheel. I looked in on them later and they were cuddled up, sleeping, in the wheel. We'll probably have to clean out the bedding from the wheel, but they still seem to be able to use it for it's intended purpose. I'll probably play with them as much as Otter!

No comments: