Saturday, April 04, 2009

Windy Saturday

It was warm today, but very windy. All my patio furniture has been rearranged. One of the chairs was actually blown into the middle of the yard and turned upside down. We put it all back where it belongs, but it is still windy and I won't be surprised if it's all unarranged in the morning.

Otter's parakeet died this afternoon. Very suddenly. The bird had been fine with no symptoms. He was moving around today and acting normal, then when she went into her room to feed him this afternoon she discovered him in the bottom of the cage. No blood anywhere, nothing to indicate any reason but since we don't know what happened to him the cage will be thrown away along with all the toys, etc. Bill buried him out behind the shed, where at least one pet mouse is also buried. Otter is not going to get another parakeet. She has always had small pets, but I think we are just going to stick with dogs for a while.

I still have some congestion and coughing, but I think I'm about over the cold. I have had some more throat tickles, but I think it's probably irritation from the cough. Also, I did get out in the wind for a little while today and I think that might have something to do with it. But in general, I am better. We probably won't go to church tomorrow, but I think I'm on the mend. I ran into my Sunday School teacher Friday when I was buying kleenex and told her that we probably won't be there this week.
Tomorrow is Palm Sunday. Easter is next Sunday. Lenten sacrifices are not usually observed on Sundays, so I could have chocolate tomorrow if I wanted to. But I think I'm going to skip it, it's just one more week until the end of Lent. Self-denial can be hard, but I think it is a good experience. I haven't given up a lot this year, just chocolate, but there are still lessons that everyone can learn from a little bit of self-denial.
Froggy, I haven't forgotten about your collection. I have made a couple of things for it and have found a couple of things. I will get it finished up pretty soon and sent to you.
I made three clothes hanger covers today, I've used up 3 small yarn leftovers and will probably use up all or most of all of one more yarn leftover in the next day or so. I told Bill that I've been using up some of my yarn and that now I can go get more. :) There is a particular color I saw the other day that I'll get soon. I think it was at Hobby Lobby, but it could have been at Wallyworld. I'm in both places fairly often, and I'll probably get it the next time I see it. No idea what I'm going to make with pink camoflauge yarn, but I'll figure something out!

No comments: