Friday, April 24, 2009

I Know it's Really Spring

Because I've been hearing tree frogs lately. And bullfrogs. And sometimes both at once.

The bluebonnet we transplanted is doing great, it's blooming along with the first one and both have other buds.

Dorothy is also doing wonderfully, she came through the surgery well and I talked to her this morning. She said that they got her out of bed and into a chair, she got a little dizzy but her husband and son got really dizzy! They don't handle anything medical too well, which I thought was really funny and it apparently made Dorothy's day.

The hams have had a good first week with Otter. They are very hand-tame and quite friendly. Although I did get a nip from Helena, but I was adjusting a part of the cage and I think she thought I was about to squash her. They have started sleeping up in their excercise wheel, they keep it full of their bedding and when we cleaned the cage and took the bedding out, they carried more up there. They seem to like their house and they frequently run up the tube into the top area when they see anybody by the cage. The top area has an opening so that they can be reached easily. They seem to like to be petted.

Frasier's ears are bothering him this week. I've had to treat them several times and I'm thinking I might have to get him into the vet if they don't improve in a few days.

I'm very glad that it's Friday.

No comments: