Sunday, April 05, 2009

Spring?

I think it got to the high 40's today, but it certainly didn't feel like it! It was in the low 40's the last time I checked. We had a couple of things that had to be done outside and it was really windy and really cold. We are supposed to get a hard freeze tonight, so the bluebonnet is watered & covered up again.

Among other things we had to do outside, Bill had to get out his Dremel and put the grinding wheel on it. Then he had to take said Dremel to the MANY VERY LARGE & VERY RUSTY NAILS that were sticking out of the fence. Right at dog level. The nails that originated on the other side of the fence, which were put there by our lovely neighbors. All the way down the fence. And not when they originally fixed it, these just appeared about Friday evening. Which is when I heard hammering after dark and wasn't sure where it came from. Bill did use a long screw when he patched up one of the many holes their dogs made, a few months back. But it was one and it was not rusty and not all that sharp. Now all the nails are cut off at the fence. We'll watch and see if any more appear. Their dogs were barking their heads off at us the entire time, I heard her yell at them to shut up a couple of times but the dogs kept barking and she never came out. And for the record, our dogs have not been out in the main part of the yard for days except for a couple of hours two night last week and then we let them out Friday but they spent most of Friday until now inside, asleep.

While we were out there, Otter got to clean out the dog's small yard of all the "gifts" they left out there. Then I brought in about 3 armloads of firewood for tonight.

Otter and I had to run to Wallyworld this afternoon. I ran out of bell peppers and since we eat them in just about every meal, it was a Major Catastrophe that had to be remedied right away. While we were there, we looked in the fabric department. All that is left is a few partial bolts of fabric that nobody in their right (or wrong) mind would want and a few remnants. I got a remnant piece for 5 cents. It's going to be the liner in the case I crocheted for my crochet hooks. There was a big sign about how in April the fabric department would now be a newer & better craft department. The sign was a "fill in the blank" type where the month went. Also, I've seen a couple of examples of the "newer & better craft department" and it's not either of those things. In fact, they are smaller and have a whole lot less inventory. Oh yeah, I also got my pink camo yarn. And two bell peppers!

I got the second coat of Kilz paint on the shelf Bill made for me. I have some very light pink paint that I'm going to use on the shelf. I wanted a barely-there color for it. I hope that the paint I bought is pale enough, there are not a lot of pale shades of pink available. I think I'm going to put my Fenton basket on the shelf with the two Fenton hummingbirds on either side of the basket. The basket is a creamy, pale color with pink highlights and is painted with small flowers. The two hummingbirds are pink, they are not exactly the same shade of pink and they are shaped slightly different from each other. I think it will look nice. I still need to hit the back of the shelf with Kilz, which I'll probably do tomorrow afternoon. Then as soon as it's dry, I'll start the color coat.

My dog is such a silly boy. When I got up this morning, he was curled up at the foot of the bed and I think he was waiting for me. Bill had already gotten up and fed the poochies, but Frasier is very much a mama's boy. He's spent a lot of time today as close to me as he could get, and he's currently curled up on the floor beside my desk, napping. He sighs every so often. Maggie is probably curled up on the foot of Otter's bed, where she likes to snooze. Can we say spoiled? :)

No comments: