Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Long Week

Thought I'd better post before Froggy gets on me about it!

Happy Birthday, Toadles!  "you look llike a monkey and you smell like one too..."

Otter's oral surgery is tomorrow morning.  She's ready, we bought groceries last night and the list included jello, ice cream, yogurt, potatos to be mashed and even more jello.

I have been busy all week, but none of it was crochet.  I did manage to get two yarn skeins turned into yarn balls last night.  I'm going to take the scarf I started last week to the dentist with me tomorrow.  Maybe I'll manage to get some done while Otter's wisdom teeth are being removed.  I'm hoping to find some time tomorrow afternoon as well, but that's to be determined still.  I have a few things I want/need to do around the house that I haven't had time for yet this week.

Bill gave blood again today.  Then he had to go set up the sound system & a bunch of other stuff for a function tomorrow at work.  Which means that he was running around all day long, after giving blood, and he is absolutely exhausted.  Tomorrow, he has to get up at 4:00 to be at work at 5:30 to run the sound & video for the function.  He has given blood on a regular basis, but I told him today that I think he needs to stop.  At least for a while.  He said it was not a good day, the tech couldn't find the vein and Bill finally told him to either find it NOW or take the needle out.  I guess that the tech needed a little fear to be motivated, because at that point he was able to find the vein.  That fact, combined with the fact that he is apparently the only person in his entire division that can actually do anything are the reasons I suggested he stop the donations.  He said he'd take it under advisement, which means that he listened to be polite!

Otter and I had to go out to her school today, apparently they just assume that everybody will need a parking permit and they charged one to her account.  We got it fixed, but we had to do it in person.  It will be credited back to her.  The guy we spoke with seemed really surprised that she doesn't have her own car and won't be driving herself yet, but out of most of the people that she knows her age I don't think that any of them actually have a vehicle.  Most of them don't have access to one on anything more than an occasional basis.  Otter will eventually have one, she's saving her $ for one but it's going to take her a while yet.  Poor girl, she's so deprived! (Not!).

This is just funny:


See if you can spot your favorite Doctor!  I found mine, he's in the middle more or less and has on the scarf.  He also has a lot of hair.

I am a Who fan.  But I'm a Trek fanatic at heart and, as we all know, I'm really the Borg Queen.  So, I thought that I'd post this next one in the interest of fairness:


Only thing is, the Borg can never be blocked!

Resistance is Futile, after all.

No comments: