Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Some Wednesday Ramblings. Maybe Whining, I Don't Know

HOT!

We tied the record today.  Which was actually 112, I might have had the wrong number before.  But the forecast was for 117, I don't think that 5 degrees would even be noticeable because it's just so darn HOT.

This is how Billyboy's dealing with the heat, at least at work:


Step one:  you need a canning jar, this is a large size (quart?).


Step two:  collect your ingredients.  Tea bags (sugar optional).



This is how he transports it to work.  Then when he gets there, he takes the sugar bags out, removes the tea bags from their paper coverings, fills it with water, drops the tea bags in and finds a sunny place.  Usually the top of one of the service trucks they use.  It's usually ready by lunchtime, which is when he pours it over ice and adds the sugar.  (I don't normally take sugar in my tea).

Heat boredom is setting in!  In case you haven't figured that out yet.

There were some really bad grass fires in the area yesterday.  They were both pretty bad, but one of them was extremely bad and several people lost their homes.  That particular fire was started by someone driving a truck up the street, and the two rear tires were missing - it was just driving on the rims and they made sparks.  Someone saw it and tried to catch/id the person, but wasn't able to because the grass that the car drove by was already beginning to blaze so he had to stop and attempt to put the fire out.  I'm hoping it's not deliberate.

I still have the headache that started yesterday.  I'm thinking I might have narrowed down the trigger for this one.  We have some vaguely bacon flavored snack crackers at work, and I've had a few the last few days.  I normally read the ingredients, but my boss brought them in already in a ziploc bag.  That's the only thing that I've had lately that could have had one of the bad ingredients in it.  The headache is better, it's just still there.  And the heat doesn't help.

Otter reminded me that she's not going to be a teen much longer, and that my slave labor will end.  I already know that, but I'm going to take advantage of it as long as I can!  :)

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

They drink a lot of sun tea at my husband's fire station. It's sooo good! This idea for portable sun tea is so cleaver!

Otter Mom said...

Bill says he has to put it in a hard to reach spot that involves climbing up to the top of the truck, otherwise he's afraid somebody else might decide to have tea with their lunch!