Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday. New Day. New Week.

I still don't like Mondays!  But Monday still came, even though I didn't want it to.  Guess I'll just have to put up with it.

Froggy, you commented about engineers.  Yes, they do have their redeeming moments.  I'll agree to that.  But they also have their other moments!  :)

I have a general prayer request.  I'm not going into details, but someone I know is having a hard time dealing with a situation at their work and I think that prayer would help.

I also have another prayer request, this deals with someone that Froggy and I are both close to and there is a health issue that is serious with one of their relatives.  Prayers please!

The doggies had an outing today.  They went with me to get Otter from college.  I have about 45 minutes or so after I get home, before I have to head back out to get her.  It only takes me about 10 minutes to get there, it's not far at all.  So, if I don't have any errands I will come home from work and then go back to get her a little bit later.  Today, the dogsters got to go!  They were happy, but then they generally are when they hear the word "ride."  We headed out a little early, and we got there about 10 minutes before Otter's last class of the day let out.  Maggie spent most of the ride sitting in the front seat, where Otter usually sits.  Frasier was camped out in the back seat and he takes up the entire seat, so Maggie wouldn't have had any room in the backseat anyway.  They were happy to get in the car, but then they got just a little droopy at first.  Until they realized that we were heading in the opposite direction from the vet's, that is.  Then they were happy crazy.  When we got to the school and parked, I rolled all the windows down and they went from side to side just to stick their heads out each window.  Then Maggie apparently realized that we were waiting for Otter, and she stood up with her front feet out the window and the tail on full wag.  I'm surprised that the dog even has a tail left, I thought it might just wag off!  They were very happy to see Otter, although Maggie was so happy that Otter almost couldn't get in the car.  They have always gone to get her from school on an occasional basis, and they always knew where they were going (once we got past the vet's).  I'm sure that they'll remember, they won't go often but they will be happy when they do.

While I was home, the school bus went by.  They didn't react to it, so I guess they've figured out that the sound no longer means Otter.

I went to Wallyworld at lunch today.  And discovered that they are putting their fabric department back in.  Otter and I thought we saw material bolts in the store we were in yesterday, but we were on the way out the door when we noticed it.  I was at a different one today, and I asked.  I'm glad that they are bringing it back.  So is Otter.

Froggy, I'm thinking that I might finish the scarf for your friend tonight.  I got a lot done on it yesterday.  I measured it quickly, so I might be off on the amount I have left, but it's going fast.  As soon as it's finished, I'll get her hat done.  Then I'll get your sock monkey hat assembled (the pieces are done, it's just not put together) and I'll send it all to you along with your swiffer cover.  I'll let you know.  Probably sometime this week.

Then I need to find another de-stashing project.  Somehow, I don't think that's going to be difficult to do.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Prayers offered up. Our Wallyworld still has the fabric department. I'm glad yours is coming back. I love their clearance bins! Great for crafting.

Otter Mom said...

Otter and I have a tendency to get lost in the clearance bins at places, Walmart's clearance aisle is a little better organized than most and we sometimes have to drag ourselves away!