Monday, August 08, 2011

Monday Stuff

Title challenged today!

Anyway.  Froggy commented on my last post, about having chili on a hot day.  I mentioned in my comment to her comment that "It's a Texan Thing."  Froggy - that part wasn't meant for you, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean!  But it is a Texan Thing, to have chili or other spicy stuff on hot days.  Chili is it's own food group and is a Texas staple, we have it pretty often and will probably have it this week.

We had just enough rain on Saturday to wake up the dormant ragweed.  It's going to be a brutal ragweed season, I'm afraid.  We've all been dealing with it to one degree or another.  And it's only going to get worse, this is just the beginning of ragweed's blooming season.

Otter and I went to Walgreen's today, and while we were there I asked about flu shots.  They have the stuff already, so we can get ours at any time.  We were originally thinking about this Friday, but Otter's oral surgery is next week and I'm afraid that it would be a Murphy's Law situation - the one time she'd have a bad reaction would be this time, if we got the shots this weekend.  We're probably going to wait until the Friday of Labor Day weekend, since everybody is off on the next Monday.  I usually only have my light reaction where I don't feel the best that evening and sometimes the next day, but last year's reaction was a little longer than usual.  I felt cruddy all weekend and wasn't the best on Monday.  Of course, Murphy's Law also says that we will have no problems if we plan on having them!  Otter is wondering if maybe we will be scaring any more techs with the Redhead Curse (bleeding).  I hope not.

I did some research, and the jello thing is a myth.  I thought it was, but jello is still good and we still eat a lot of it.  The myth I'm referring to is the belief that it can thicken your blood, which pretty much all redheads need as we generally all have thin blood and bleed at the slightest provocation.  (See red hair label for last year's flu shot adventure).

Froggy, I'm about 3/4 of the way through with your sock monkey hat.  I have been concentrating on some other projects that are possibly going to be sold, but I've caught up (more or less) and started your hat.  It's turning out really cute.  I'll post pictures of it and/or the one I made for Otter when I get ready to send your hat to you.  Along with your swiffer cover!

Now, I think I'll go make some more jello because I think Otter and Bill finished what we had in the fridge.  It was yellow.  Maybe I'll make red this time.  We don't bother with flavor names anymore, we just go by colors!

There's always room for jello.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be the third time I have commented on this entry. Maybe it will work this time.
I like red jello. Sometimes with milk and sometimes before it gets jelled. I thought jello was good for your fingernails. I may go make some jello if we have any. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I think jello might help fingernails, but it doesn't do anything about coagulating blood. However, it's still good and we eat it. A lot.