Friday, September 06, 2013

18

That's the number of stitches the doctor put in Bill's face when he did the surgery last week.  18!  In a fairly small area, no wonder he looked so scary!  They are all out and he's good to go.  He has to be careful for a few more days, no lifting over 20 pounds or bending over very far and the doctor wants to see him again in 6 months for an all-body scan in case there are any more bad things growing.  He has to keep using the medicated ointment for a while longer.  There is still a little swelling.  But the skin cancer is gone and he's healing well, so I'm not complaining.  Except that he keeps trying to lift too much and I've caught him bending over a few times!
 
Otter got all her new employee stuff signed at the Tulsa area store, she will probably be training at that store but will be working at the closer store.  I'm not sure when it will actually open, but pretty soon I think.  She'll wear jeans to work, they provide golf shirts and she can wear tennis shoes or any other type of close-toed, practical shoe.  She will probably actually start working there this week, the manager said that when she got her schedule at the party store for this week he'd see what he could do about arranging some time for her.  The schedules usually come out on Friday afternoon, it was late morning when she went to the party store and gave her notice but the schedule wasn't out yet.  Next Saturday will probably be her official last day there.  She said that the manager at the party store was understanding and not very surprised by the fact that she's leaving there.  She was supposed to be off tomorrow, she worked out an alternating Sunday schedule with her boss a while back when it was obvious that they were taking advantage of her.  But since she has given notice already, she's not sure if she'll be off tomorrow or not.  I just hope that she isn't scheduled for a bunch of nights this week.  She'll find out tomorrow.  Otter's running around with one of her friends this afternoon and the new store manager was only going to be there until early afternoon so he told her to call him tomorrow which she'll do on her lunch break.
 
Bill and I went to Big Lots and I finally found a decent non-stick frying pan that didn't cost me an arm and a leg!  I actually found two, one is a square & flat griddle and the other one is technically a chicken fry pan because it's round and deep with a glass lid but it'll work for what I'll use it for - which is just about everything!  We also went to Staples and he finally got the new wireless capable printer we've been needing since we got new computers a few months back.  It's over the 20 pounds limit, so I had to carry it in.  Which wasn't that difficult, except for Billyboy being silly about it!  Of course, I also bought groceries earlier today and had to carry them in myself - the entire trunkload!  I'm not actually complaining, just teasing Bill about it.  He deserves a little teasing, by the way.  We went to a couple of other stores while we were out running around.
 
I've been up since 4:30 and I think I'm about to run out of steam.  I didn't intend to get up that early, I just woke up then and figured I might as well get up.  And now, I'm just plain tired!

No comments: