Sunday, September 08, 2013

Hurry Friday!

I'm already anxious for it to be next Friday.  It's only Sunday!  That means I have 5 days (including today) until Bill can actually do something.  Well, he is doing something:  micro-managing me!  He's driving me crazy.  Today's example - I had some iris bulbs to transplant.  Apparently, I don't know how to correctly operate a shovel.  Or put on a hat.  Or how to plant bulbs (nevermind the fact that I've done it many times already).  OR (and this is the one that really ticked me off) how to drink water and where to put my cup!  He actually went to the shady spot I had my water sitting in, brought it out to where I was working and told me I had it in the wrong spot!  His suggestion was to place it in the sunniest, hottest spot in the yard - on top of a fence post.  At that point, I asked him (nicely) to tell Otter to get me some water from the rain barrel so I could water the bulbs when I got them planted.  She got me the water, then was more than willing to go put my drinking water back in the shady spot where I had it originally.  At that point, I decided I was through with yard chores for the day.  Or at least until after next Friday!
 
Yesterday, he attempted to tell me how to crochet.  You probably already know how that one turned out.  Not the way Billyboy expected, either!
 
On to other things now.
 
I posted this on the craft blog, but read this article from the Tulsa World newspaper.  When I posted it, there were no objectionable comments but it's a public site and I'm not responsible if there is anything ugly left.  But read it anyway:
 
 
I started mine yesterday, which was actually when Bill decided that he needed to tell me how to crochet.  I found a pattern that I liked and it was easy, but I frogged it out and re-did it.  Then frogged that out as well.  The pattern worked well and I made it to the size it was supposed to be, but the pattern stated it was for a 9 month old baby but it was way too small.  I found another pattern and thought about making it, but when I read the instructions I realized that the finished size would be even smaller and the 2nd pattern said it was for an older baby!  So, I had Otter run me up to Wallyworld this morning when she was returning a movie we rented, and I measured baby hats.  The first pattern is close, it was a little bit too small for an actual newborn cap but I know how to enlarge that type of pattern (No, Bill.  You don't have to help me.  I really do know how.  Yes, I do know what all those abbreviations and strange-to-you words mean) and I think that's what I'll do.  I'm using some very soft yarn that is lavender, it just has to be in the purple family.  I might get some "actual" purple yarn as well, but I'm not sure if I will or not.  I'm trying hard to de-stash and I have made some progress in that direction.
 
Otter got her schedule yesterday.  She is off today, the manager kept the agreement she made with Otter.  The manager also told her that she can use them as a reference any time she needs to, I think she meant as a personal reference, and that she'd get a good one.  Otter is already using them on her resume as job reference, but I think the manager meant using her specifically as a personal reference.  Otter only has one night shift this week and it's tomorrow, she will get off at 9:30.  Then she's off Tuesday and Friday.  She hasn't heard back from the manager at the new store yet.  She doesn't really expect to until tomorrow.  She'll see if her wants her to come in either or both of those days.  She is scheduled to work next Saturday, which will be her last day at the party store.  I went in there yesterday when I picked her up (I volunteered to take her to work and pick her up yesterday, Bill thinks I just didn't want her to deal with the traffic but we all know I really just wanted to get out of the house and not be micro-managed for a little while!) and stocked up on birthday cards and misc. stuff, while Otter still gets her 30% discount.  She wanted to get a few things as well, mostly costume-related stuff to use in cosplay.  I'm just glad that she managed to get out of there before October, which was her goal.
 
Gotta got start another load of laundry now!  Then I think I'll catch up on my ironing.  Or maybe I'll just make Bill do it! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the purple caps for the babies. Froggy