Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Monday's Mowing Adventures

Among other things, Bill's forbidden from mowing.  However, the grass still grows.  It obviously doesn't care a bit about Bill's surgery!  I mowed the front when I got home this afternoon.  Bill micromanaged!  He also brought me water and made me take breaks on a regular basis, so I really can't get on him.  Too much, that is.
 
The back yard needs it, but it's not visible from the street so I'm not in a hurry.  Besides, the beaglebrat likes hiding in the grass and stalking things like moles.  And bugs, she loves to catch bugs for some reason.
 
Bill went back to work today.  He still looks a little scary, but he is doing really well.  He said that he was very tired by the end of the day.  He's only got two more days, he's off Friday and then also next Monday.  I'm taking off Friday.  He goes back to the doctor Friday morning and we hope that it's a simple matter of removing stitches and being told he's done.
 
One of the local tv stations shows "classic" television shows.  We've been watching it when we have a chance.  Yesterday, we watched two or three westerns, Adam-12, Dragnet, Emergency, Perry Mason, Get Smart, M.A.S.H. and the first two episodes of Gilligan's Island.  We're enjoying it.  Some of those shows were probably not anything I was interested in when they were on at first, but they are enjoyable now.
 
I tried to have a migraine last night.  Shortly before 10:00, I suddenly had "flashers" which are the lights that preceed the headache.  I took 3 extra-strength motrin and went to bed.  I think I managed to head most of it off.  I have had a very slight headache today, but it could have been allergy.  I'm thinking that it's mostly stress-related.  And my stress is 6' tall and redheaded!

No comments: