Thursday, September 19, 2013

Aarrrrrrrgh!


It's Talk Like a Pirate Day!
 
So, Otter wore assorted parts of her pirate costume to Krispy Kreme and got one of these free:


Breakfast tomorrow, courtesy of Otter.  I think this makes the 2nd time this year for Krispy Kreme, which is about twice what we normally have.  They are not my favorite donuts, but hey they were free!
 
Bill's new cell phone didn't work this morning.  Neither of us could get it to turn on, so I took it to the Verizon store at lunch.  The girl who waited on us yesterday was there, she got it turned on first try.  She checked the battery, turned it on and off several times and handed it to me.  And I couldn't get it to turn on again, so I handed it back to her and she had no problem.  Sounds like one of those stories, but basically we weren't pushing the on button at the right angle.  !!  I played around with my phone today and figured out most of the features.  Although at one point, I managed to make it talk to me.  Took me a while, but I figured out how to turn that off.  The main reason we got the new phones was because we got such horrible reception, especially at home.  Otter and I checked that out today, we had absolutely no problems.
 
It rained today.  In parts of Tulsa.  Not all parts, but the parts that did get the rain also got hard wind and apparently there are more tree limbs down in areas.  I don't think we got any rain at all, at home.  But we could get more rain tonight and into tomorrow.  Bill isn't going to have time to get the new rain barrel set up until Sunday, however.  But the first rain barrel was getting low, so any rain will help towards refilling it.
 
Just as long as it doesn't refill mosquitos!

No comments: