Thursday, September 12, 2013

Out of Juice

It's been a week for dead batteries.  Bill's cell phone has been acting up, we thought the battery was the problem so I bought him one at a battery store since Sprint never seems to have one when we need one - however, they always are more than willing to sell us new phones!  But the phone is still acting up, so I don't think that the battery is the issue.  The battery store said I can return it for a refund, so I'll do that tomorrow.
 
The other dead battery was the one in my car.  This morning, I turned the key in the ignition but it didn't do much!  Bill had already left, so the only choice I had was to drive The Beast.  Which is fun, actually.  But the part about not having an air conditioner isn't fun.  He pulled the battery out of my car when he got home and we ran it up to the auto parts store where we got it almost 4 years ago.  It was dead.  It was just a few months past the full warranty but it did have trade-in value so we got a $124.00 battery for about $41.00.  Bill got it put in the car just in time, because we had a small rain storm.
 
I feel like I have a low battery myself, but a lot o that is because Bill didn't sleep well last night.  Which means that I didn't, either!  I have a feeling that going to bed early may well be in my plans for tonight.
 
Otter worked her next-to-last day at the party store today.  She said that they were very busy and she was exhausted when she got home.  I know the feeling!

No comments: